Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIRST RESPONSE (Blank) Ford Crown Vic Moels

Has anyone noticed that some of the spare parts are MISSING from the BLANK Ford Crown Vics they receieved?

I have found that the BLACKED OUT wheels & LOW BAND Antenna (CHP style) were missing from some of my WHITE Blanks. I was also missing ALL the VISTA (Oval) style lightbars and LOW BAND Antennas from ALL of my BLANK Black and White Ford Crown Vics.

Has anyone else eperienced this inconsistancy in the SPARE PARTS packages that come with the BLANKS?

Re: FIRST RESPONSE (Blank) Ford Crown Vic Moels

Yep. Read the forums over at Fireengines. net or Mannys Diecast. There are lists of problems. I have found the same as you. I don't think I've had two parts bags that were the same. It's a crap shoot as to what you get in them. Nice huh?? Considering the months of delays to get "everything right".

Has anyone else noticed that the antennae on the cars are also no where near to scale? This goes for all of the cars. We were assured that all of the cars produced would basically be PERFECT in every way shape or form - that's the reason we kept getting for the delays - because they were improving and perfecting the molds and quality...HA...must be the same brother in law who screwed up code 3. Again...just goes to show ya...don't believe people when they say the wait will be worth it.

I guess because I asked why we have received no explanation from First Response to posted complaints on another board on parts interchangeability, I am out of line. Here is my response:

"Just to cop it from Chuck?" Maybe if they put some thought into the production of these models during the many months that they said they were improving their product, they wouldn't have to explain why we have to actually break the model just to change the so called "interchangeable" parts. If you are going to blame Me for publicizing this incredibly poor design, that was supposed to be a main selling point, or expect none of us who anticipated a fine product that we were lead to believe we would receive for our money, you are mistaken. I realize we live now in a nation where we are not supposed to question ethics or why we spend our hard earned salaries for inferior products, but these are not necessities, and as such, I would expect my monies worth, and if not, I will continue to complain until the responsible party gives us an acceptible answer why we received such a significantly inferior thought out product from First Response. Maybe the people behind First Response are on that exclusive higher corporate level of existance and do not feel that they need to answer such a simple question why it takes such effort to alter these blank models, but many expect that answer. First Response can keep any explanations to themselves, and many of us will keep our money.

Thank you

Don't let those kids over there scare you Chuck. Remember, you're dealing with the compulsive posters who find it necessary to post on every single topic.."cool", "neato", "I'll buy one" Just so thier number of posts that mean nothing goes up, and they can rub in our faces when they get 3,000 posts for the month

I agree wholeheartedly with you Chuck. I now resort to not posting my email or real name because every time I dare criticize anything that Code 3 does wrong I get nasty emails, or the whole "don't like don't buy" crappy response. I believe that Code 3 and first response, or any other company out there vying for our limited dollars has an obligation to respond to this or any other board, when questions arise as to the timing, defects, quality, or any other issues we as consumers may have. It is also the obligation of any retailers that monitor these boards to pass said information on to the producers and either respond themselves or post an email address as to who they passed the information on to for follow-up.

I have to say...I just received my first couple of 1941 Fords today and WOW! These are very nice looking cars with crystal clear graphics and flawless paint jobs (at least on mine). Now why couldn't the Crown Vic's turn out like these?? If you were on the fence about the 41's Fords due to the CV complaints, don't be anymore. These little gems of history are a welcome addition.

Still waiting for my 41's to arrive. Thanks for the heads up Troy. I ordered a few of them, looks like keeping it simple with such things as non steering front wheels is the way to go. I don't like to agree with Chuck as he whines nearly as much as an ex wife, but the Crown Vic's finish is disapointing. Little things such as as getting some of the cars off their mounts is a work out in its self. Three of the cars I got the front wheels don't spin (take a lesson from their KIS principal on the 41's) The bag of parts is useless to me as I would not even attempt to drill the wheels off cars (I don't have the skill level or the patience) So I have reverted to un screwing the bases of the cars and swaping the wheels that way. Simple but expensive as you have to have two cars. I hope the Chargers are an improvement over the Vic's as $18.95 is a big investment.

First Response Chargers have got more expensive. $19.95 for the blank versions. They had want to be good.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)