Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A New Code 3 Release Next Year

That's a maybe.... The pump panel might not be correct, wrong light bar, wrong color hoses in bed, wrong body color, wrong windshield....

Hey Observer.....

Get a clue....he's talking about the OTHER John A--as in John 'Lime Guy' Antonnelli.

And while your looking for a clue, see if they got a set of nuts as well so you can actually post who you really are.

But I'll give you this.....it is ANOTHER repaint that I won't be buying even if the lights lite up, it pumps water, and leaks oil.......and is 110% accurate. NO SALE.

Unless I am missing something, besides the rotoray, this piece will be identical to the Dearborn Heights Quantum 31. If there is no other retooling on this piece besides the addition of the rotoray (ie. molded lenses and turn signals that were painted on in the original version) Code 3 should sell this piece for almost the same price as it was when Dearborn Hts came out. Only a fool would pay $50 bucks or more for a pure repaint.

I believe that I actually saw this pumper at the station on Military Trail (south of PGA Boulevard) on Saturday. The station has multiple bay doors facing the Trail, and maybe they'll do the platform that was parked two bays down.

Take a look at the Dearborn Heights and then take a look at the PBG. Seriously, you can't see the difference in the retooling that is being done?

Chuck..

The truck is no longer with the department.

I thought that the current quantum model was a retooled version anyway, or am I misreading anything???

Pete, you're correct, it is retooled, and a much better tooling than the old Cold 3 Dearborn/Winter Park, etc. Quantums of "yesteryear." I think that the PBG Quantum will be pretty sharp. Code 3 could easily do the aerial platform.

Now, if only Code 3 will do the new-look Quantums...

To finish JM's sentence......

If they only did the new Quantums, THEN WE COULD MAYBE SEE THE NEW BOSTON RESCUE 1!!

PIERCE VELOCITY VELOCITY

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)