Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions/Comparing the Hallmark Ford C to the Athearn

There's no denying that KME logos aside the Hallmark Ford C is identical (I couldn't find a single difference) to the Athearn Ford C Pumpers.

Did they produce a variation (i.e. like the white or green trucks they produced in addition to the red ones in years past)?

Did anyone scale out the Hallmark model? My question is, how does Hallmark pull off producing this model? Do they ask Athearn permission to use their mold--but it's not an Atheran mold b/c it's a different scale.

Also, when you consider the working and authenticly designed lights, this is a truly nice collectors model better suited for the shelf than the tree. And a GREAT price at $20 (or $10 if you can find one now).

Re: Questions/Comparing the Hallmark Ford C to the Athearn

I believe I have seen white versions of the Hallmark Ford C listed on E-Bay, and, as I recall, the last Little Engine House column by Larry Phillips in "Toy Trucker" had a picture of the two versions.

The one thing missing on the Hallmark model is mirrors, which were included on all three scales of the Athearn piece.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)