Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1983 Dodge Diplomat - Unmarked Squad

Not sure if anyone has seen these from Motormax - I just got a shipment in.

I had a prototype that one of the Motormax reps gave me but not the real casting has been released.

This thing is spot on for the unmarked cars the Investigation Units here used to use.

http://www.mini-motorsonline.com/Motormax%20Fresh%20Cherries%20.htm

Re: 1983 Dodge Diplomat - Unmarked Squad

These, I gather are 1/64th scale. Don't most or all of the Fresh Cherries eventually also appear in 1/87th? The K-Car looks neat too. I had a silver '81 Dodge Aries! Good and dependable, with that 2.2 four-cylinder, but don't try passing something when the A/C cut in.

I won't count on them being 1/64. The few cars from them, that I've seen in Wal-Mart, are far larger than 1/64. They seem to be closer to at least 1/60, if not bigger.

Re: Re: 1983 Dodge Diplomat - Unmarked Squad

Most of the fresh cherries are 1/60th scale. In this instance there is really little difference with the 1/64th scale castings.

I have had a prototype for a few months from them. It will work well with Code 3 trucks, Matchbox, JL, Hot Wheels.... whatever you have.

Pics are on my site.

Someone from this board sent me an email through this system - for some reason the email did not come through properly. If you would like to resend directly, I will be happy to reply.

mini-motors@comcast.net

Well... they might look ok next to a Code 3 classic Seagrave tiller(nowhere near 1/64), but not a true 1/64 piece. In 1/1, you are talking scale feet, not inches. Fot me at least, 1/60 is not "close enough." Just my opinion.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)