Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CDF MACK TWIN STEER & LOWBOY SET

I've started the hauler for my California Division of Forestry Hauler/Lowboy/Tracked Brush Unit set.

The hauler is a Solido Mack R cab on a twin steer platform, with quint drive. I may add a recovery crane to hauler.

4A. 5 AXLE FENDER SANDED

5B. USDA MACK R ALTERED CAB

7A. USDA MACK TWIN STEER HEAVY HAULER

The lowboy is a DJ Harrison unit built from his kit. The load will be a Titan tracked unit with a 8K tank.
Photos to follow when construction progresses.

The CDF Mack R Twin Steer is starting to come together. Nice to build a truck other than Gren/White of Kiwi for a change. I'll have to decide on the degree of detail, but a crane is a definate possibility.

10A. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER

10B. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER

I've constructed a crane platform from a telephone connector and bushing. Cut horizontal brass for front jack stand. Added midship stabilizer from parts box.

11A. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE HAULER

CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE/HAULER

Model is 99% complete. Modified Solido Mack R on twin steer/quint drive DCP modified frame. Wheels primered and sprayed red. Diamondplate sheet combined with sheet styrene for platforms. Details made from parts box, scrap plastic, and brass. Crane from Norscot CAT truck. Other details purchased on ebay. Model painted and decaled for California Division of Forestry.

15B. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE HAULER

15E. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE HAULER

15H. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE HAULER

16C. CDF MACK R TWIN STEER CRANE HAULER

Re: CDF MACK TWIN STEER & LOWBOY SET

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)