Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeff webster's comments on ALF

Jeff Webster's comments on the Chapter 11 bankrupcy are about closest to the truth. I too worked for a couple of companies that went Chap. 11 and they survived - and the employees were ALWAYS paid first. I was also involved in several large scale moves of inventory and equipment. two moves before computers went fairly well - but the last one was a 55,000 sq. ft. warehouse that had a lot of mis-labeled and un-documented inventory. PlUS former employees who did not move managed to somehow mis-identify a lot of packed up items. Coild it have happened to ALF ? Maybe!

Re: Jeff webster's comments on ALF

Jim,

Thanks for the back up. I realized my comments may have seemed harsh. But I just felt many were too willing to bash a company that is already down. But the new owners are trying.

Jeff

THERE IS ALOT GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES.TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER.IT IS HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHY BUFFS WHO ARE USUALLY DEFENDING THE FIRE SERVICE ,WILL TURN ON A COMPANY WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS . WE CAN ONLY WAIT AND SEE.BUT I WILL STICK WITH SAYING .THEY WILL SURVIVE

I, for one, hope that ALF does recover from Chap. 11. ALF has always been a good piece of equipment. Unfortunately, as has been shown, when you change ownership and computer systems things sometimes go astray. Here is wishing ALF the best of luck, and a speedy recovery. The fire service without American LaFrance is like life without sunshine...or smoething like that.

God help us all if Funrise ever goes Chapter 11--Oh the humanity!! I got a $20 that says this Board implodes within the first 8 minutes of that announcement

Seriously, Jeff did bring up the best points. By nature people tend to offer opinions based on knee jerk reaction or emotion, vice knowledge. Doesn't mean those opinions don't count, but taking a step back to actually assess and undderstand what's really going on before stating your case is probably the way to go.

Thanks Jeff!

It seems like similar comments were being made about Code 3/Funrise last year, now that knee jerk reaction has been brought up. Like with ALF, only time will tell with Code 3.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)