Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3 FEB Releases

Code 3 Feb. Releases
Another Philly ALF squirt DP & Yonkers ALF
CAN YOU SAY REPAINTS
Yet! Code 3's bragging Yonkers is new tooling

O well more money for Corgi and TWH releases that are coming
I got few hundered bucks already in the fund
since I haven't bought a code REPAINTS in months

Re: C3 FEB Releases

My thoughts exactly. Same sh*t, different day.

Yeah, big yawn for me also. Still waiting for "the year of the classics" from C3.

Just hold on a while. The "Year of the Classics" will be held in 2037, and guess what? Repaints of todays Seagraves, Pierces and ALFs will be considered "classic".

Over the last few weeks, and certainly the last 2, we were led to believe that there would be some 'big' announcement when it came to todays releases. What a let down.

Just for my edification, why do we need ANOTHER Philly squirt diamond plate release? But then again, why did we need another Chicago Luverne diamond plate release? I don't care if its 100% retooled, its still basically a duplicate of a model already made. We all want NEW molds, not retooled old molds. I agree, we all can't have what we want every time, but if you are going to do another diamond plate, make it for a different city. When we going to see a diamond plate chicago ladder, or boston engine/ladder, or LA engine/ladder? Or how about something really crazy like a diamond plate ambulance?? God forbid we should see a classics diamond plate Squad, Snorkel, or ladder.

If there is ANY consolation, it is that the Code 3 collective braintrust is not going to ask for their inflated current price for this piece.

Maybe John should make an appointment with Dr. Phil, so we can hear him say "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?". Now that would be some good tv.

philly squrt... would've bought it in a heartbeat... if it were finally in 1/64.

yonkers alf... hope they can get it in the box with those lights sticking wayyyyy up there. QC strikes again.

when will they learn.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL NEGTIVE BECAUSE THE DP PHILLY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT WANTED THE LAST PHILLY DINDT GET ONE AND AS FOR YONKERS THAT IS A BEUTIFUL RIG I GUESS CODE 3 CANT MAKE YOU GUYS HAPPY
I SAY A PLUS ON BOTH RELEASES I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE NOT BOUGHT A CODE 3 IN ABOUT 2-3 MONTHS AND BEFORE THAT 8 - 10 MONTHS THANK YOU CODE 3 EXCELLANT JOB

I am very happy with the Philly release. I work in SQURT 43 local and see this rig everyday. I wanted 43 more so then 57 when it was released. I do, I wish it was in the 1/64 scale and I would add that I wish they did it in a set of 3- 9, 43 & 57. I would also like to see the Philly ALF pumpers done as well. To many here, they would just be repaints, but these I would not mind at all.

Brian

At this point in time, there are those who would find fault no matter what Code 3 did, new molds or not. That's just the way it is. With 80% new tooling on the Yonkers ALF, some still SCREAM ..... REPAINT. Go figure...

The new and improved Code 3 is finally getting into producing new rigs with new tooling in many parts of the model and more DP's in a short time than we have seen in a long time. They have used that ALF/Squirt mold with improved tooling and great graphics to produce a piece that will probably sell very well. The new Yonkers ALF is overdue in my thinking. As a very busy neighbor of FDNY I am glad to see a Yonkers company. These two offerings will make it to my collection.

It is too bad that the 'Boo Hoo' can never be pleased. Maybe they should just take their business elsewhere and just 'shut-up'! Most of us have heard enough of their whining and criticism. Nothing that Code 3 does elicits andy positive comments. If they dislike it that much then go elsewhere, spend what they want and hopefully get some fulfillment. I hope that they will tell us how great their finds are and how we should spend our dollars there. I do not expect to ever see that because they will never be satisfied. As long as Code 3 keeps moving in a positive direction you will find me and many others waiting to buy what they like. Keep up the good work Code 3.

It's funny how TF-88 (topic starter) complains about "repaints" but than says "more money to spend on the TWH releases", which are going to be two models..from 5 different departments..hello!! Five total repaints from the same mold. Why is there no complaint about that?? Seems that C-3 will never catch a break. They started with repaints from day one and nobody seemed to care..why the big hub-bub now?

TWH Diecast
Some will have a top mount pump panel panels
(Did you ever see a Code 3 Top mount Quantum Pumper ) Some will have a side pump panels, also
some will have a raised cab and others will have the flat roof. Plus it's the updated Quantum new look,
not like code 3,which has the outdated look
Did I say code 3, oops I mean Repaints-R-US

Hey Code 3 it's 2008, not 1999 anymore
TWH Diecast has invested hundreds of thousands
of dollars in new molds. dyes, clay models etc..
Thier taking a big risk in making these models.
If they sell well, TWH Diecast will invest in
more releases.

Isn't it funny that Code 3 is releasing
ALF's this month and ALF is going bankrupt !
ALF And Code 3 are both grossly mismanaged !
and both are going down the tubes !

So Wonders Pierce asked TWH diecast if they
were interested in making a Pierce Velocity PUC
model for them and NOT Code 3

losers like losers
winners like winners

Everyone has a different reason for buying diecast. Quite simply if you (Mr Task Force) do not like the new Feb releases, save your money for another time. I have the original Squrt 57 and do not need another but there are probably many collectors that just might like the model. Just my opinion.....

I think its simple. You buy the releases or you don't. There is NO WAY that CODE 3 can make evryone happy.

Its a business, it only makes sense that they would want to make as much money as possible from each mold produced. Re-paints are a great way to get mileage out of molds. They need to make money in order to produce NEW molds!

If look back into history and see CODE 3's first released models. You would see how much they improved over the years. I am a loyal customer and I often wonder what the diecast world would be like without CODE 3.

They are one of the few US Companies and they have my total support!!!

Well Hopefully These will actually be released, Since ALF isn't producing these there will probably be Enough money to put these in Production...HAHAHA

Code 3 should rename themselves FD** Collectibles and stop pretending to serve the whole of the collecting community. All these people who are complaining that TWH is gonna be $200 repaints are passing judgement on something that hasn't even been released yet. Of course they don't have any problem with Code 3 Diamond Plates like last months Chicago or this months Philly being repaints. You guys keep drinking the Kool-Aid because Code 3 need undiscerning collectors like you to stay in business. I'm not buying anything from Code 3 this month so feel free to buy two.

We waited for this? Come on now. PASS

The only piece I bought recently was the Hamilton VA Wagon 5 and the Boston Ladder 25 and E30 (Both Boston pieces were horrible and inaccurately marked, but I bought them b/c it's my hometown). I was reluctant to by the HVA piece thinking it would be of the same inferior quality, but to my amazement, it was DEAD on and probably one of the best/most accurate pieces produced (IMO). The problem is consistency--or lack thereof. Changing a grill, raising a roof, adding roll up doors, new led lightbars, etc is ACCURACY--not "new tooling" A new tool is just that--something new, something we have not seen before. Not something that has been tweaked. For that matter, every year between 1998-2008 Ford can say the Crown Vic is a new model because they changed the grill, hubs, and lenses.

This month I fall on the "no buy" side. When they come out with something NEW, I may buy again. BUT I would by an ACCURATE repaint is the model appealed to me--but make it accurate!! We already know you're going double the price from when you first issued it 5 years ago, at least get it done right.

My 2 Lincolns.......

Code 3's tooling is so outdated that C3 can't even make one new apparatus that is produced today by
E-One, Pierce, two of the biggest fire apparatus mfgs. Even their C3's Freightliner commerical chassis, Well actually it was already outdated when it was released because Freightliner M2 chassis was already out.
Now we know why their hasn't been NO workshop
pictures or sneak peaks in like 2 Years BECAUSE THEIR WAS NOTHING NEW ! Yet Code 3 leads it's collectors on
saying theirs new products coming, nice BS
in the weekly updates. I've been dispointed for the last time. Far as I am concerned Code 3 is just trying to make a little bit of money on repaints and has no intention of investing on any money on new tooling. What's the odds of seeing another FDNY Seagrave DP really soon and some 1/64 FDNY's?
But wait, But Even Code 3 won't be able to keep
doing them because FDNY has started buying Seagrave Maurder engines.
Speaking of wasting money on tooling.
2006 Christmas release, A early 90's older Pierce Dash, Only 1 release for that tooling.

And how about the Jack Daniels E-One Ladder
again 1 single release for that tooling.

Also how about the Jacksonville Tanker again
only 1 release plus the collector club

The money for that tooling could have been used
to make mofications to E-One Cyclone II's or
Pierce Quantums or even toward a new mold
Spartan/Crimson, KME, Velocity, Impel, Arrow XT, Typhoon, Quest, Striker, Crown Snorkel, Bronto
skylift etc..............................

this is kinda of off topic but as with first gear they reuse molds and no one complains here is a perfect example the clinton marylany kw fire truc they have used that mold 3 or 4 times but in my opinion the clinton was the best

??? not for nothing...the Hamilton Piece is nowhere near accurate.not even close. yes, its a nice looking model, but far from accurate. wrong cab length, incorrect cab roof windows(real rig dont have them), wrong headlight configuration(real rig has ambers at the corner and no lights below the headlights), incorrectly added light on side of cab, no brow light above windshield, and several other minor details make this just another repaint, not an accurate retooled model. a nice model, but not accurate at all.

I was reluctant to by the HVA piece thinking it would be of the same inferior quality, but to my amazement, it was DEAD on and probably one of the best/most accurate pieces produced (IMO).

"Far as I am concerned Code 3 is just trying to make a little bit of money on repaints and has no intention of investing on any money on new tooling."

What a total lack of understanding... Tooling costs can start at $100-$200,000. If even at $100,000, a run of 1500 models won't even cover tooling costs much less any profit. Code 3 has ALWAYS had repaints. It is a fact of business. As far as accuracy, in most cases, close will be as good as it gets. I agree with John A, the Hamilton Va rig was great but this can't happen all the time or else you would be paying 2-3 times more for the model. Look at what Franklin Mint models cost. It ain't that easy or cheap to change a mold to produce an accurate model for ever release made. As has been stated earlier in this thread, if you don't like it don't buy it. I haven't made a purchase in months. We get bad mouthing here all the time but the John A comment on the Hamilton Engine was the first good comment in a LONG time. Griping is good if itis constructive but most of what I see is desructive and then how does that make the commentator look. Code 3 has said it will take time to see changes but in the mean time, they still have to put out something. Atleast it looks like they are trying.

It's easy to guess what next month will bring. They skipped FD** for a month so they'll go back to the guys who'd buy a 100 repaints. Code 3 just upped their game by proving these same folks are also willing to spend 100-200 for a DP repaint month after month. Why should they care about the rest of the collecting community? The lack of 'new' product shows they don't.

I haven't bought a Code 3 model in over 2 years. I've saved tons of money with all these crap releases. Thanks for nothing Code 3!!

Bob

Code 3 had a MI going on for while
and they were on life support for a while
I think someone just pulled the plug !
and CODE 3 just CODED !
But their's light at the end of the tunnel
Can you say TWH

If you really want a DP repaint or some repaints for kitbashing, just wait a little for CODE 3's going out of business sale ! It can't be too faraway and you'll be able to get them cheap

I can't recall when I've heard so much whining and sniveling about LITTLE TOY FIRE TRUCKS!!!!!! For the love of Pete guys, get a **** grip on yourselves. This whole thing is really very simple.......if you don't like a release they make, SAVE YOUR **** MONEY for something else. If you like it....BUY IT (please don't think you are "investing" in it), just quit the whining. If you have something constructive to contribute, please address your concerns to the proper folks. They are NOT hard to get ahold of. Just try very hard not to sound like a dumb-ass when dealing with them or your credibility will be gone.

The only two Code 3 releases that I have EVER ******* about are the ALF Century, and the 1970's Seagrave TDA. Both of them were either grossly "mishappen" or totally out of scale and "proportion". As to the balance of their releases, if for some reason I thought it was "inaccurate" or not, or to their very capable "standards", I didn't buy it. What I DIDN'T DO is spend a bunch of time, and waste space on somebody's forum ******** and moanin' about it!!!!!

BTW, Code 3 brings a lot of this on themselves in that they claim to make "accurate" die-cast collectibles. Corgi makes no such representation. First Gear makes "dead-nuts" on accurate vehicles that are "decorated" for customers who request them. Whether or not such a real truck actually exists makes no difference. The Clinton KW/Pierce is a very accurate version of the 1/1 piece. All of the other "versions" made thus far are pure "fantasy" pieces.

That folks, is all I've got to say about the matter at hand. Please, "fire away" at your leisure.

I don't mind repaints, be they from Code 3, First Gear, Corgi, or whatever. I buy what I like, skip what I don't. But I think Code 3 is guilty of over hyping their products. Don't advertise "new" when it's just the "next release" of an existing mold. I can't get overly excited about a model, from any company, just because it has been tweaked a bit here and there.

"Speaking of wasting money on tooling.
2006 Christmas release, A early 90's older Pierce Dash, Only 1 release for that tooling.

And how about the Jack Daniels E-One Ladder
again 1 single release for that tooling.

Also how about the Jacksonville Tanker again
only 1 release plus the collector club".

...What about the ESU units for NYPD & Port? When else have they used those molds??. Seems kinda hypocritical to me - on the one hand you guys argue that it costs way too much money to make new molds for only a few pieces - which I agree. But then they do it any way. So obviously, the new tooling costs are not as much as you say they are. Especially the NYPD International Saulsbury ESV - which hasn't been used on any other model since it was made in September 2003.

Likewise, if they say they need to maximize use of their molds, why do they always just stop producing a certain type of vehicle, never to produce it again? It seems like you would maximize your profit by continuing to produce similar items BY DIFFERENT departments indefinitely. Why no more crash trucks? Why no more ambulances of any kind (aside from the Chicago PD and Chicago Fire Scuba)? There are many more ambulances, crash trucks, and other aerials/engines that can be released from existing molds, but they are dropped from future production for no apparent reason. And again, if they weren't so greedy, they would have settled for less profit on certain pieces and made them anyway, like the expanding the police line into cruisers and other special vehicles. With the quality that Code 3 produces WHEN IT WANTS TO, the police line had the potential to blow current police producers out of the water. But again, they took the easy way out. Someone mentioned being proud to buy pieces from an American company like code 3. Well lets see, everything is made in China, so thats out. Fired all the customer service reps..so thats out. The only part of american company would be marketing, warehousing, and R&D. Not something I would exactly be proud about saying its American. Finally, speaking of customer service, they still haven't hired anyone? Every other week we keep hearing about how they are still working on it...exactly how hard is it to hire a CS rep, (or hire one of the ones back who you fired)? Why is it so complicated? Just do it. If it means instead of making 300k profit at the end of the year, you make 270k profit, then you make 270k profit.

ps - whatever happened to all the new models/repaints we were going to see when they acquired the Franklin mint molds? We haven't seen jack out of that. And whatever happened to the smithsonian and movie lines? They no longer show up as links to the fire line. I'd be interested in knowing financially how those lines did, and like other people previously posted, did they suck money and resources away from the fire line, leading to some of the problems we see today.

Excellent point above about police releases. I was planning to mention that to John Dunkel. Several departments in northern NJ and NY use the same ESU truck and REP as NYPD, and their markings are a lot better looking. Newark, for example. The company that makes the REP has several examples on their website. Also, the FDNY's Tactical rescues are almost identical to the ESU DSV - wonder why Code 3 never made one, since it would require minimal retooling and since their goal, at least for awhile, appeared to be to produce the entire FDNY in 1:64th scale.

Rescue 131's quote
But I think Code 3 is guilty of over hyping their products. Don't advertise "new" when it's just the "next release" of an existing mold"

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Weegee.....

I stand corrected. I thought I was tough on detail, but after reading your correction to my post about the Hamilton rig, I went to their website to see the detail pix of the actual rig. I see EXACTLY what you mean. I wouldn't know unless someone (like yourself) pointed that out to me. Thanks for the info. I concurr it is a nice repaint--close to accurate, but not so much!

Thanks again

Such over simplification by some. If they think it is so "easy",why don't they start a company and produce what everybody is screaming for and take the business away from Code 3. I'm not defending Code 3 as I don't agree with what they have done but there is more to it than meets the eye and it ain't as "easy" as everybody thinks it is.

COde 3 is funny. We waited for an aerial DP for years, then they tried to ty in the star wars with fire with the skywalker ranch thing-big bust. They use repaints over and over, but no 1/64 pierce or philly squirt. They do a piece then a no brainer like finish off a boston set or chicago and they don't but use the reapint in some who cares dept. We were promised the lax crash truck years ago with them even showing the prototype, then nothing. Code 3 is too far oof of waht we the collector want. I am an adult and i used to eagerely await the frdiay update everyweek. Then i couldn't care less. Now, i only check time to time. Haven't bought a code 3 for a while unless it is a $50 dp.

FYI, John A is not John Antonelli even though we both grew up in Boston and live in Northern VA.

FYI, I did all the pre pro work on the Hamilton. WE made the changes we could and there are some we could not and some actually happened after we did the pics. Folks, I and C3 gave it our best shot. There are mold constraints, technology constraints, and time constraints. I did the best I could for you all. Criticism to me.

Limer,
I don't believe the Hamilton comment was towards you.One says it's accurate.The other says nope AND Proves it.
The BIG thing as it appears to me is....IF it is a COLLECTIBLE Replica,Make it ACCURATE...Or DO NOT advertise it as such.
When the item is Not Even Close,Then it's a TOY!!!You say Tomato,He says Tahmoto...6 of one,Half-Dozen of the other...
Ass-Kissing and Brown-nosing...What's the difference?? I'm sure someone can/will answer that..LOL

Hey CYPANE, calm down and focus on your grammer and spelling !! These are not big words that you are trying to spell.

I know its not directed at me. Life is good!

"Seems that C-3 will never catch a break. They started with repaints from day one and nobody seemed to care..why the big hub-bub now?"

FIRST OF ALL, IF YOU RECALL, WHEN THEY STARTED, THE PRICES WERE BETWEEN $19.99 AND $24.99. AND YES THERE WERE MANY REPAINTS, BUT PAYING 24.99 FOR A REPAINT VS 44.99 OR MORE FOR A REPAINT IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. THE PRICE OF THE MODEL IS SUPPOSED TO REFLECT THE COST - SO THE MORE OF THE SAME MODELS YOU HAVE, THE LOWER THE COST SHOULD BE. SINCE IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING MORE TO REPAINT 1 MODEL THAN 100 MODELS OF THE SAME, YOUR FUTURE SELLING PRICE OF EACH PIECE SHOULD BE LESS, NOT MORE.

SECOND, I CAN SEE IF A MOLD IS USED FOR SEVERAL DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS, WITH DIFFERENT PAINT SCHEMES. BUT ITS A DIFFERENT STORY TO HAVE THE SAME DEPARTMENT, SAME MOLD, AND SAME COLOR, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A DIFFERENT UNIT ASSIGNMENT NUMBER. YOU DON'T SEE THE DIECAST CAR MANUFACTURERS, FOR EXAMPLE DOING THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-41, AND THEN ANOTHER ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-42, OH..LETS NOT FORGET THE STATE POLICE HAS DISTRICTS - SO EACH CAR COULD BE REPEATED BY DISTRICT - 4-41, 4-42...ETC ETC...ITS THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHANGING ENGINE ASSIGNMENTS.

"Its a business, it only makes sense that they would want to make as much money as possible from each mold produced. Re-paints are a great way to get mileage out of molds. They need to make money in order to produce NEW molds!"

AGREED - BUT LIKE I SAID, WHY IS IT THAT THEY STOPPED PRODUCING AMBULANCES, RESCUES, TILLERS, AND OTHER ENGINE MOLDS THAT COULD EASILLY HAVE BEEN FROM DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. ALL THAT WOULD BE NEED WOULD BE THE DECALS AND PAINT CHANGES...BUT LIKE EVERYTHING, THEY ALWAYS SUDDENLY STOP PRODUCING A CERTAIN MOLD WITH NO EXPLAINATION. AND AS HAS BEEN ALREADY MENTIONED, WHY ARE THERE SEVERAL OTHER MOLDS THAT THEY HAVE ONLY PRODUCED 1 OR 2 PIECES FROM, NEVER TO BE HEARD FROM AGAIN. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS - DON'T SAY THEY CAN'T MAKE A SPECIFIC PIECE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T REPEAT THE MOLD, AND THEN HAVE THEM PRODUCE MOLDS THAT THEY ONLY USE ONCE. BEING A HYPOCRITE ONLY HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT.

"Look at what Franklin Mint models cost. It ain't that easy or cheap to change a mold to produce an accurate model for ever release made"

NEARLY ALL FM MODELS ARE FICTITIOUS AND ARE NOT MEANT FOR ANY DEPARTMENT. AS SUCH, THEY ARE GEARED MORE TOWARDS A COLLECTOR OF GENERAL APPARATUS WHO ADMIRES THEM FOR THEIR OVERALL REPRESENTATION. IN ADDITION, THEY ARE A HELL OF A LOT BIGGER THAN CODE 3 AND ARE BETTER CONSTRUCTED. I OWN NEARLY ALL THE FM FIRE COLLECTION, AND THEY GET THE MOST COMPLIMENTS OF MY COLLECTION. NEVER ANY MISSING OR BROKEN PIECES, DECALS THAT ARE MISALIGNED...ETC ETC. ALTHOUGH THE DIAMOND PLATES ARE IMPROVING, THEY ARE STILL SECOND TO FM IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION.

"If you have something constructive to contribute, please address your concerns to the proper folks. They are NOT hard to get ahold of."

PLEASE SHOW ME ON THE CODE 3 WEBSITE WHERE JOHN DUNCANS EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER ARE? OR WHERE THERE IS A PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? THE BEST THING CODE 3 HAD WAS WHEN THEY HAD THE LIVE CHAT WITH SCOTT AND ARNIE. AT LEAST YOU COULD HAVE A SOMEWHAT REASONABLE CONVERSATION WITH THEM AND GET SOMEWHAT OF A STRAIGHT ANSWER. I PERSONALLY HAVE SENT REPEATED EMAILS, REQUESTS, QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS, AND I KNOW OTHERS HAVE AS WELL, GOING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL HEYDAYS OF CODE 3 AND NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I HAVEN'T KNOWN ANYBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED A LEGITIMATE (NONCANNED, NONBLOW-OFF, NON 'THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION, WE WILL TAKE IT UNDER ADVISEMENT' RESPONSE).

"Such over simplification by some. If they think it is so "easy",why don't they start a company and produce what everybody is screaming for and take the business away from Code 3. I'm not defending Code 3 as I don't agree with what they have done but there is more to it than meets the eye and it ain't as "easy" as everybody thinks it is. "

NEVER SAID IT WAS EASY, BUT I TELL YOU WHAT, I THINK THERE ARE SEVERAL COLLECTORS ON THIS BOARD WHO WOULD DO AS JUST AS GOOD A JOB IF NOT BETTER IF THEY WERE TO TRADE PLACES WITH JOHN. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THE CAPITAL RIGHT NOW IS IRRELEVANT. IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY, THINGS WOULD BE BETTER. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US ON WHAT WE HAVE OVERSIMPLIFIED, AND WHAT MORE TO IT THAN MEETS THE EYE THERE IS.

THEY HAVE BEEN "LOOKING INTO" CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR HOW MANY MONTHS? THEY HAVE SAID THEY WOULD BRING BACK THE BULLETIN BOARD/CHAT FOR HOW MANY MONTHS? EVERY OTHER WEEK IT IS "WE ARE STILL LOOKING INTO THESE ISSUES AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW ASAP". WELL NOT TO "OVERSIMPLIFY" THINGS AGAIN, BUT BOTH OF THOSE 2 ISSUES COULD BE RESOLVED OVERNIGHT. HIRE SOMEONE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DONE. HIRE AN OUTSIDE COMPANY TO DEVELOP A MORE SECURE BULLETIN BOARD AREA TO PREVENT HACKERS AND THE PROBLEMS WITH RECKLESS/THREATENING POSTINGS THAT GOT THE OLD BOARD CLOSED DOWN. NEITHER OF THOSE 2 ISSUES IS A MAJOR UNDERTAKING IN TODAYS HIGH-TECH WORLD.

^
^
^
^

Well said.

I also miss the detailed "history" you used to get with each truck--either from the website or the back side of the COA that came with the truck. They used to tell you what year the truck represented, what other units the truck is housed with, where the location is. I find you just don't get that detailed info anymore unless it's FDNY.

I always thought that information like that would have been great in (similar to) a baseball card format--Pic of REAL rig on the front, details on the back.

i guess we are all spoiled by the ammount of diecast releases there are today .no one complained when corgi redid thier alf tiller rig over and over.it was the only game in town then . we still have a choice to by or not to buy. you buy what you like and save money on those you dont .if and when they fold up, we will realize what we had.

Yes what we had, Code 3 use to be awesome!
they had great releases, great people
Scott, Orlando, and great customer service.
But the last 3 years they went down tubes
I spent thousands and thousands of dollars
on code 3 betweeen 1997 to 2004, I think I
spent only around $400 in the last 4 years.
If Code 3 closes in 2009, NO BIG DEAL.

TILLERMAN . I HAVE SPENT ABOUT 2 OR 3 THOUSAND A YEAR AND I HAVE NO REGRETS

It's like anything else, if you don't like what they're putting out then don't buy them. Yeah, I'd like to see an Arrow XT, a newly-designed Quantum, a Spartan or Hahn, etc., something different, but until then we'll just have to wait.

It will take a little time for Code 3 to get back to running up to full speed again.

The TWH models are very nice, and VERY expensive, but there's a big difference between Code 3 and TWH. We're still able to afford the Code 3's, though maybe we don't buy as many as in years past when they were less expensive. I know I fit into that category.

I don't like repaints either but that's what we're getting, along with some newly-tooled parts on those repaints. It's a start.

I know, I know, a year ago I was preaching "doom and gloom" for Code 3, along with a few others, after not seeing them up at FDIC, but since Dunkel took over it just may be a new lease on life for them. Only time will tell.

The only thing different since John
took over is false hope and BS.
I don't see were the Yonkers Eagle Is 90%new
tooling
Also I don't like C3 braging about that it's
unheard of keeping prices the same for the Philly DP
it's a Repaint
I will not be renewing my memembership. Your not getting nothing for it except a worthless card, and you can get the releases at any dealer for the same discount prices.
I hear John was taking pictures of old apparatus in
junk yards in New York. Maybe we will get a 1968
Chevy step van from FDNY. That's what happens
when you hire someone who's use to making
John Deeres and other farm equipment models.

2 Code 3 Ladders + 1 CC3 Memembership=1 TWH release

So how long are the nay sayers going to kick a a "dead" horse(repaints, same moulds, cost to much, add infinitum)???? It seems to be never ending. When is enough, enough????

I would venture to say either when it gets fixed OR when the Drain is Empty...

What I have read for the most part in this thread is the ranting and raving of a bunch of sore sports who despite their badmouthing on this forum and others still have not gotten their own way and with each episode of diarhea of the mouth they get a little more upset and nothing or no one will ever actually please them because if you stuck them in front of a camera right now they would have a hard time telling you what they really want in 1000 words or less.

No more repaints - ever!!!!! It ain't gonna happen d-heads. I don't care who makes it - they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!!

TWH is about to release some new models with some very high quality design work and high quality moldings along with some great paint work and graphics for a very high price compared to what any of you have been paying up until now. Guess What? When they release the second version of the same Stryker or Pierce engine with different paint, graphics and some tooling modifications you will be getting a $189.00 repaint. So how is that so different and acceptable when the Code 3 versions are not?

I can understand why management got rid of the phone and changed their methods - they were sick and tired of listening to your complaints and threats. I have had the opportunity to use the customer service system. They acknowledged my complaint within an hour and got back to me within 24 hours. They resolved the problem within two days to my satisfaction. I wish they had a phone number but they don't and the current system will work.

So, we are "d-heads" and we are "a bunch of sore sports who despite their badmouthing on this forum and others still have not gotten their own way and with each episode of diarhea of the mouth"? Well..I guess you are the self appointed king of diecast now Doug, above everyone else because we question things that don't seem logical or make sense. Since you are the know it all..PUT UP OR SHUT UP. Answer the questions which have been repeatedly addressed to Code 3 both pre and post John Duncan and on this board several times. Again, take the time to read each individual post and formulate a logical response, since we would like to know. These questions directly relate to your defense, and various others defense of Code 3. The question is listed before the various texts:

Question - Why is Code 3 producing repaints/retools of only certain specific items when it seems convenient for their argument (ie Chicago Diamond Plates, FDNY..etc? Where are all the other ambulances, squads, trucks, and various engines from older molds that have not been revisited (retooled/repainted) in years?

Question - Why will they not make specific pieces - ala Chicago Squadzilla, because they don't have other depts to make similar pieces from, but they have other molds where they did the EXACT same things..aka nypd units, tankers...

Question - Why is it possible for other diecast companies both police and fire, to produce only 1 piece of a particular mold for each department ? You don't see multiple police cars of the same mold with just a different unit number. Yes they change departments, but thats not the same thing. I haven't seen a whole lot (a few maybe, not a lot though) of Corgi or other diecast where they produce the exact same engine for a department and only change the engine assignment/house #. They may do the same mold for 5 departments, but again, not the same thing as the same department...aka 3 chicago diamond plate luvernes and FDNY.

Prior responses

1). they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!! "Its a business, it only makes sense that they would want to make as much money as possible from each mold produced. Re-paints are a great way to get mileage out of molds. They need to make money in order to produce NEW molds!"

2). No more repaints - ever!!!!! It ain't gonna happen d-heads. I don't care who makes it - they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!!

AGREED - BUT LIKE I SAID, WHY IS IT THAT THEY STOPPED PRODUCING AMBULANCES, RESCUES, TILLERS, AND OTHER ENGINE MOLDS THAT COULD EASILLY HAVE BEEN FROM DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. ALL THAT WOULD BE NEED WOULD BE THE DECALS AND PAINT CHANGES...BUT LIKE EVERYTHING, THEY ALWAYS SUDDENLY STOP PRODUCING A CERTAIN MOLD WITH NO EXPLAINATION. AND AS HAS BEEN ALREADY MENTIONED, WHY ARE THERE SEVERAL OTHER MOLDS THAT THEY HAVE ONLY PRODUCED 1 OR 2 PIECES FROM, NEVER TO BE HEARD FROM AGAIN. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS - DON'T SAY THEY CAN'T MAKE A SPECIFIC PIECE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T REPEAT THE MOLD, AND THEN HAVE THEM PRODUCE MOLDS THAT THEY ONLY USE ONCE. BEING A HYPOCRITE ONLY HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT.

SECOND, I CAN SEE IF A MOLD IS USED FOR SEVERAL DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS, WITH DIFFERENT PAINT SCHEMES. BUT ITS A DIFFERENT STORY TO HAVE THE SAME DEPARTMENT, SAME MOLD, AND SAME COLOR, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A DIFFERENT UNIT ASSIGNMENT NUMBER. YOU DON'T SEE THE DIECAST CAR MANUFACTURERS, FOR EXAMPLE DOING THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-41, AND THEN ANOTHER ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-42, OH..LETS NOT FORGET THE STATE POLICE HAS DISTRICTS - SO EACH CAR COULD BE REPEATED BY DISTRICT - 4-41, 4-42...ETC ETC...ITS THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHANGING ENGINE ASSIGNMENTS.

So Doug, we are all us dheads are all eagerly awaiting your response, since you are the king of diecast. Or are you a hyprocrite just like Code 3 and can't defend your argument? So please put your usual thought into answering the above question.

I hate to say it, but I could see the moderator(s) pulling the plug on this board due to some of the responses, the flaming, etc., that are going on. Remember what happened to the Code 3 Messageboard??? Same thing was happening over there that's happening right here on this board. We have a good thing. Let's not ruin it by petty arguing over piddly squat, to put it nicely.

I realize that there are some disappointed Code 3 collectors on this board, but there's more to life than collecting toy fire trucks. Get a grip! By reading a few of the posts to this thread and from other threads you'd think some of the people on here that post and reply to this board have nothing else to live for in life except to collect model fire trucks. Very sad.

All I can suggest is keep attempting to contact John Dunkel and tell him what you'd like to see Code 3 produce, that you're tired of the repaints or customer service that's not up to par. It's as simple as that.

To do a Quote from earlier on in the thread.......
~~~~~~"AND THE HITS KEEP COMING"~~~~~~

Check this out and MAYBE you will Understand the "HITS"!!!

http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php?topic=6134.0

And this is acceptable With NO Negativity Expected???
And the list gets bigger...

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)