Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ok now this is insane

So I am searching Ebay for the Code 3 Oshkosh military truck they did a few years ago and I came across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/CODE-3-COLLECTIBLES-OSHKOSH-T-3000-ARFF-CAMOUFLAGE_W0QQitemZ220199706433QQihZ012QQcategoryZ7311QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Insane, isn't it? I'll have to throw the BS flag as it smells like BS to me.

Anyhow, anyone know where I could pick up that Army Fire Truck Code 3 from a few years back? I believe it was an Oshkosh or Pierce.

-Josh

Re: Ok now this is insane

Orlando is the seller and there were only a couple made if I'm not mistaken.

I do think that's a bit steep but the truck is legit.

You need to unthrow the flag and get your Sniffer fixed....It's LEGIT!!! So is Ladder 49....

Did anyone check the seller's OTHER items and catch the Ladder 49 TDA that's also offered for $700.00+ ?

IF, like you say, Orlando IS the seller, it's really too bad he has to do this after he leaves Code 3...

What other treasures have gone out the door to either him or others that have left Code 3 in order to 'pad their pockets' at our expense?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

You can put your "BS flag" away because they are real C-3 production pieces. Check your facts before bashing somebody.

As for the military (resin) trucks that were produced by C-3. Go to oshkoshtruck.com and you will find it there. They only have the cargo truck left. The other was the HEMTT...niether of which were fire apparatus pieces, so I'm not really sure what rigs you are referring to???

Larry, this type of thing has been going on since toy companies have been around. Many prototypes end up in the hands of employees, management etc. I personally see nothing wrong with it. I would rather see someone like Orlando get it than it be thrown out or given to a seven year old.

Mark B...

I fully agree with you about these being 'saved'...

But wouldn't it be neat if the person(s) that had these one-of-a-kinds sold them and then donated the money to charity? To me I'd say that would be the ultimate double-win. A collector with 'big bucks' who can afford one of these gets it for his collection and some worthy charity that can really use the funds also benefits...

I guess I really don't think the big bucks these pieces command (and rightfully so) should go into the pockets of those they 'fell into' as they just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Saved for posterity and the collecting field in general? Absolutely...you've got my vote...

But to line one's own pockets with the proceeds from one or more of these I guess is something I'd have to think about...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I can Tell you this much the L49 is NOT a one of a kind. I own one as well only Mine Says SAMPLE and that guys doesn't.. Just food for thought there

oh and I bought mine by the way... so who knows how many REALLY exist....

Maybe Orlando want's the money
so he can buy some of TWH's
new awesome relasess

I kitbashed two Baltimore T-7's into L-49's and resold them. They looked exactly like this one except that if you look at the rear of the tillerman's enclosure you can see that the letter "T" in Fire Department is missing.

As critical as I am of C3, I am more critical of people who feel they have a right to suggest how/what you should do with your own personal property.

Nobody knows anyone's situation. You don't know if someone "needs the money" or not. It's not fair to make assumptions and it's irrelevant. To me, Orlando has something that for whatever reason he does not want. Why, if you know you can get good money for it, not put it out there. This is no different than me selling concert tickets I can't use knowing I'll make a mint in the resale market. And quite honestly, this is no different than the guy that buys 20 FDNY 10 Trucks upon release and resells them at $250 a pop b/c he knows he can.

We're in a society where capitalism rules. I wish anyone and everyone that is posting adds on Craiglist, Ebay, ATEV or any other venue to sell what they don't want, nothing but the best.

While money get buy you happiness, it can buy you something that you want or need or maybe pay for a gift for someone special

Bottom line, all Orlando is doing is the same thing half the posters on this Board are doing--selling stuff for their own reasons--and if that reason is for profit, good on him! I hope he does well.

My 2 cents...... And a sincere wish that he gets his price.

I dont think this guy is Orlando.
You need to verify who the seller is, before discussing Orlano's "alledged" financial predicaments.

OK, my bad, it could be him after all. Sorry.

I think it's called "Free Enterprise," although P.T. Barnum had a different phrase for it. Not that it's anyone's business, does it really matter who is selling these things, or why?

I had to smile at the ironic suggestion of donating the proceeds to charity. By that logic, a certain Widows & Orphans fund should have benefited to the tune of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from the profits of certain individuals who have been cranking out FDNY-whatever, and then peddling it on ebay. By the same token, whoever is selling those Code 3 rarities that were referred to should be getting some free advertising to boot.

I just don't see any difference. Do you?

Free market economy; senior executives of companies mess them all up and still leave with massive golden handshakes while others often lose their jobs and we begrudge a "worker" the opportunity to earn a little from something that legitimately came his / her way as a result of working for that company?

Good luck to them, if they can get somebody to pay the asking price, so be it!!!!

Hey, its his to do with it, whoever he is. Although the quality sucks...misspelled words, etc. Only a fool would pay that much.

My question is this - why weren't these 2 pieces ever released? Esp the crash truck. In terms of the Ladder 49, was it because Code 3 was being cheap again and refused to pay a licensing fee?? Again...big mistake. I think they could have sold quite a few. The military rig was unique, even if it was a simple repaint. Maybe it would be nice in the future to do an armed forces rig dedicated to those FF in the service.

I think the reason C3 didn't do the "Ladder 49" had something to do with licensing. However, I don't know why they didn't release it as Reserve Truck 39 (What the rig was numbered before it became a star)with the Strobe light bar. The release they did was incorrect, since even thoug that rig was originally Truck 7, it was never white over red while with that company in first line. Baltimore also ran a few other "rehabbed" 1974 Seagrave TDA's that were repainted white over red and had the Strobe bar that C3 could have done.

Larry,

I would not be parting with my hard earned for those items either. Same goes for the Gearbox prototypes that never made it into production before the company went belly up that end up on Ebay. I would much rather a quality custom.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)