Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND/HAULER

I've combined a DCP Transtar II cab, parts from four DCP frames, and a Code 3 Pierce Rescue body into a CDF Command/Hauler. Frames were cut and attached for a twin steer/tri drive configuration. The C3 body was altered by cutting off cab, making a new forward bulkhead, filling in rear wheel wells. A new interior, incuding chairs, work table, and communications equipment were placed in forward compartment of rescue body. Most detail parts came from rescue, or were made from scraps. Fenders and 5th wheel added over drive section. Model was painted Testors #1203 red to match DCP cab. Cab was dismantled for mask to paint roof white. Model decaled for California Division of Forestry. Features include working twin steering, plus tilt cab with detailed engine.

Link to Photobucket construction:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/CDF%20TRANSTAR%20TWIN%20STEER%20COMMAND%20HAULER/

24D. CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND HAULER

24E. CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND HAULER

24F. CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND HAULER

25A. CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND HAULER

CDF Crane, and CDF Command Trucks:

26A. CDF SUPER HAULERS

26B. CDF SUPER HAULERS

Re: CDF TRANSTAR TWIN STEER COMMAND/HAULER

Chuck,

I have to say that I was scratching my head as I watched in come together over on Fdnyengines.net. I thought you had finally gone over the rainbow with this one.

All I can say is that is some superb kitbashing there, my friend!

Yea, I usually have no idea myself what these things will look like at completion. You have to see the crack-pot mess I'm working on now.

Photobucket build link:
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/PRIME%20MOVER%20TITAN%20HAULER/

2A. PRIME MOVER TITAN FRAME CONSTRUCTION PARTS

Chuck,
What you do is amazing. I only wish I could do half as good.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)