Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Athearn Mack B rescues coming in July

According to Athearn's website, they are coming out with Mack B rescues in July. Not too bad looking.

Re: Athearn Mack B rescues coming in July

I forgot to mention that they are using the same Gerstenslager body as they did with the Ford C rescues. The Mack B cab has an extended bumper with a bell on it. There is no Federal Q siren mounted near the driver's side door as there is on the Mack B pumper.

These were announced Feb. 18th, according to the Athearn website.

OK Folks, Let the bashing begin about Athearn, Re-paints of the same models. Look at the pumper, all the same but the color. How can they do this to us as collectors. Etc Etc. Etc.

Could not resist. Interesting that Athearn can do the same as other manufactuers, but for them it is ok.

Bottom line is, if you like the model, buy it! If you don't, don't buy it. And if you can do better, start your own diecast/model company and see how easy it is.

That is it.

I'm still surprised we haven't seen the 1/50th Ford C Rescue..... That's what I'm holding out for.....

Any inclining that it may be coming?????

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

It's OK for Athearn because they never claimed to do "replicas," & they are makers of model rail road pieces, NOT collector's pieces. The fire line is just rolling stock for them, not their primary product.

I too am still waiting for the Ford C rescue in 1/50. I'll pass on the "B" rescues, & might buy "B" pumpers in 1/50, if done.

Thank God these are much less expensive "repaints" than the Code 3's!!!

"less expensive"

Hey, the detail is pretty darn good too!! (again, for the price!)

And again, take for example the 1/50 Boston Ford C pumper--Boston ran Engine 10 which was a Ford C--but it had an E-One body, not KME. But, for $24.95, they got the color right, markings right, and captured some good details (unlike Code 3 Engine 30/Lad 25).

When you charge me $39.99 and claim it to me an "exact replica" you talk the talk and not just walk the walk....

John A., I very much agree with you! Athearn's 1/87 line is, IMHO, comparable to Code 3's 1/64 line when it comes to detail!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)