Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squirt 43 and Code 3's rep sinking faster than titanic

Here are some highlights from the other board - from people other than me showing how your "beloved, can do no wrong" code 3 collectibles is doing in the area of customer service, management accountability, and quality control. The complaints on this topic are now 6 pages and growing. Way to go John Dunkel! It should be noted, that way back when I, along with several others, said it was a BIG mistake to eliminate customer service. But many of the kiss***es on this board told us to mind our own business. Well good. We just proved you wrong. Had there been customer service in place, many of these issues could have been resolved or elevated quicker to management. But the old save a buck philosophy finally caught up to them. Defective product is now into the thousands of dollars in terms of sold items:

Re: Disappointment in a box - Not happy Code 3!
« Reply #87 on: Today at 03:10:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hans on Today at 03:06:14 PM
Well at least one person gets an e-mail.
i'm waiting for 6 days allready to get an answer....................

Thats pathetic.

Matt

« Reply #84 on: Today at 02:51:27 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I'm wondering is why it is taking so long for Code 3 to make a public announcement on what their plans are. This has been going on for what, almost a week, and still nothing out of Code 3. AND THEY SHOULD NOT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!!! We are getting tired of waiting Code 3!
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »

Hey, I sent two emails last week and have yet to receive ANY reply from them. I talked to one of SQURT 43 platoons at the end of last week. They said that they have yet to see the model. So, I am not sure what platoon was on duty when Code 3 was showing off the model. I told them about the paint and they just laughed, as did the crew on the ladder. I would give Code 3 a break if they would have at least addressed the issue, not just with some. This thread was started on the 12th, that is almost 7 days ago. I do understand that Mr. Dunkel was out due to his wife's injurey, the family does come first-always, but why couldn't someone else with the company respond. This is REALLY POOR customer service.

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:57 PM »

OK, a rather interesting new development. I decided to e-mail Code 3 regarding my Philly DP even though I ordered it through PTH asking what there intentions are in correcting this mess up. So, the other day I got an e-mail back from Code 3 advising to keep the damaged one and e-mail them my Code 3 information regarding the order and they will send out a replacement. So, I just thought they mis-understood the e-mail about the fact that I DID NOT order it direct from them that I was just wondering what THEY (Code 3) was doing on there end to fix the screw up. Now, today I get another e-mail back saying send my damaged one back via ground with the yellow invoice and they will send out a replacement upon reciept of the damaged one.

What part of I DID NOT ORDER THIS DIRECT FROM Code 3 DO THEY NOT GET?!?!?! I made myself quite clear in BOTH e-mails that I was just inquiring how they were going to correct it only in turn to get a generic e-mail that I believe everyone is getting. What a load of garbage.....CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS FINEST!!!

Way to be Code 3!!

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

Quote from: fireengi on February 18, 2008, 07:43:54 AM
Folks...

I understand many of you are upset about the Squrt 43. However, let me suggest everyone stand down for a few days and let Code 3 address this issue.

Once addressed, you are more than welcome to post your thoughts here.

Larry

Larry,

I must disagree with you on your suggestion. I fail to see why it would take a few days to determine what to do with these damaged products. If the models were delivered using Fed Ex or UPS, regardless of the country, these companies will pick up and return the model to Code 3 upon Code 3 issuing instructions to do so. And if the postal service was used, then Code 3 should still use a delivery service for the model's return. Telling folks in foreign countries to return goods via ground shipping is unacceptable. Some one at Code 3 made a decision to save a few dollars, ( or euros, pounds, etc.) by using the cheapest means. These collectors paid up front, and shouldn't have to wait months to receive satisfaction. There is only one solution, and that is prompt replacement or refund to those that have this issue.

Ron

Understood and my apologies if it looks as though I am dragging John into this all by himself. The problem is he began interacting with us shortly after coming along and when that happens most of us start to have positive thoughts about what is happening (WHOA, THEY CARE ABOUT US AGAIN) and then we end up with models like this and all sorts of run arounds about if/how/when we are getting replacements and who is paying for what. I have never heard of such a thing happening in an industry like this (dozens of models screwed up that is) before and it kinda has me upset I will admit. You work hard for things in life and take pride in what you do (most of us do anyhow) and then you have a $200 model you paid for with your hard earned money show up in pieces. I am sorry if you felt as though I was dragging anyone into this, I am just dissappointed in what has come of the diecast company I have been dedicated to since their very first release. The thought had never previously crossed my mind to cancel orders or return something simply for a refund, but I am doing so. Code 3 just lost $250 of my money and I DO NOT plan on buying anymore Code 3 new releases until someone at Code 3/Funrise PROVES that this will not continue any longer than it already has. There have been to many promises in the past that never came and I am about ready to officially throw in the Code 3 Towel.....

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2008, 01:32:58 AM »

So now I am expected to wait MONTHS to get what I paid for in the beginning?

Thats crap AND further more if that is the case after well over 100 models this is my LAST it is not my fault that this has happened not once BUT TWICE and now I should wait for ground shipping to get back to the US when some lazy person SHOULD have opened a box? NO NO NO

Forget it Alan its over if this is the customer service it ends here.

Now I'm angry you may very well have noticed!

Matt

Re: Disappointment in a box - now with a happy ending!
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

Quote from: fireengi on February 15, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
This is a photo of 43's in the shops. It may not be an exact match but closer than the first Squrt 57.

The stripe and numbers on the C3 model is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the real truck. The real trucks strip and numbers are not gold. The SQURT 57 model is more correct then this 43 truck can ever hope tp be!

Brian

Earlier I said I didn't have any problems, but in all honesty I forgot that the corner lens of the lightbar was loose in the shipping container when I got it. I took a closer look and noted these issues:

Sloppy doors
No detail on Q siren
Windows don't stay up on rear doors
Folding steps loose and get out of alignment easily
Driver's side door stripe misaligned
Truck sits up higher in rear end

Compared to what others are experiencing, my problems are minor. Still though, for $200, there should be zero defects.

Yep, they sure are taking there sweet time. These problems appeared before Fridays "Whats New" update and not a thing mentioned other than how great of a release this is . Now any other time there are things on this forum being discussed they seem to find there way into the "Whats New" update.....how come no one is talking all of a sudden?!?

Finally got mine today. My list of problems are as follows:
1. Doors don't line up and feel as if they are going to fall off.
2. Missing spotlight x 2
3. 3 of the back fold down foot steps are laying in the bottom of the box
4. Really bad paint on the boom. It is rough and has a spot in the middle where it feels like something was placed on it during the painting.

I e-mailed code 3 with no response yet.

Well, my fears became reality tonight upon getting home from work. There sat the newest Code 3 Philly DP so I didn't waste anytime either, right to opening it up to see what awaited. Well, here is the list of problems on mine:

1. Spotlight on D/S Squrt boom bent and about to fall off.
2. D/S flip down step by pump panel missing.
3. Front Grill completely off and with it came some paint.
4. O/S Front and Rear doors loose and will not close completely.
5. O/S flip down step by pump panel missing.
6. Multiple flip down steps on rear of apparatus bent or missing.
7. O/S rear compartment smashed in as if it were involved in an accident.

All this was found after a 30 second glance over the rig, I was quite MAD and couldn't stand to look over it anymore. As mentioned, NONE of the shipping packaging was damaged so none of this can be explained as poor handling by the shipping company. Appearantly quality control no longer exists because these should have never made it out of the factory let alone into customers hands. I truly hope PTH is willing to issue a refund as I may no longer be a Code 3 customer after this. Time and time again it has been mentioned we just want some quality control and the same quality of model we were getting a few years back only to continue to get CRAP like this. I also have to be honest that I have recieved a few Code 3 models recently that I have "settled" with upon recieving them dispite a few flaws I wasn't real happy with. Until Code 3 shows legit quality improvement my money will be going to Athearn, Yat Ming, Corgi, TWH, well you guys get the point. This is absolutely terrible to read all these horror stories regarding this model. I truly doubt that a replacement will be any better than the original. I think the part that upsets me more than anything is I was looking over my collection today after getting this piece to find models like the Yat Ming Seagrave 1958 Pumper that I only paid $48 for.....it is truly a GREAT piece for any collection and for one heck of a price. I then consider this DP at $195 and can't believe how it showed up and can't imagine how it even made it out of the factory. I just don't know where I stand with Code 3 anymore. Time and time again I have stuck up for Code 3 amongst all the doubters and now this, I no longer know what to say.

I also feel bad for all the dealers that have these in there inventories now and probably won't even be able to give them away. And then on top of it they have to deal with all the returns because there is zero quality control at Code 3. I can't wait to see next weeks "Whats New" page to see how they try to sucker people into buying this model. They may be wishing they made 3500 in hopes that they get 1500 half decent ones to replace all the returns. I definitely am cancelling my order first thing Monday morning for the Yonkers Engine.

OK...all done with the posts, although there were many more I could have added, but you get the picture.

Adding insult to injury, its fearless spokesman is MIA - not commenting on any of the posts. Now thats real management accountability and responsiveness. But as some on this board say "its only diecast, get over it" begs the question - It's real people's money, and as such, they are entitled to an immediate and appropriate response. Not excuses. We all deserve better - whether or not we purchased the item, but as club members, so we know where we stand if were in the same boat.

Re: Squirt 43 and Code 3's rep sinking faster than titanic

What I don't get is that some on the other board are acting like it's not a big deal to have to glue parts back on. I for one can't agree with that. For $200, unless parts are designed to be installed once the model is unpacked, like the mirrors on some Corgi and First Gear models, then nothing should have to be glued.

By Code 3 not saying anything or doing anything.
I think their's your answer.

Just like American Lafrance not accepting any new apparatus orders or even bids and telling their dealers to tell their customers to go to another mfg.
Not that theirs anyone anyways. Any department that already has orders are getting screwed. ALF apparatus orders are already are backing up 9 months over due for several depts. Yet ALF says they going to bounce, Ya right, Who ever would want to order for them again.

I am really done with code 3 i have had enough, No more excuses no more fireside storys and cute quips. This is my hard earned money and a hobby i really enjoy. DONE DONE DONE

I have bought at least 300 models from this company not a PENNY more i have not bought a product from them in about 4 to 6 months.

I think Larry and Rich are dedicated people and run a great service in there web site but they can't really defend this company anymore without making themselves look a little silly.Where in the world is ANYONE at this company!

Well at least one of the 2 has gone past silly. I noticed that they continue to hammer some poor individual who ripped off a couple of people by delivering junk models but when a corporation does it you get warned to not make any more posts criticising their crap service

And it didn't take long for the mental midgets to jump on the bush telegraph and pass on what horrible things had been said, it seems the high priest of the Dunkelites had received no less than 6 messages that I had been a bad boy and had dared speak on another forum.

I have no control of this board so bash away. However, I do have control of the other.

It looks like this will be your new home for a very long time.

Never mind Oz, welcome to the adult board.

"I have no control of this board so bash away. However, I do have control of the other.

It looks like this will be your new home for a very long time."

Yes Larry, continue to practice your censorship over their. Everyone was saying we needed a new dictator in this country. Glad to see you can step up and assume that role.

Unless the posts are a direct threat or are of an illegal nature, any collector who feels they have been ripped off, screwed over, or are just ****** off should be able to blog away, without fear of censorship. There is a new thing in this country, don't know if you've heard of it. It's called freedom of speech. You are big on "don't like, don't buy, don't ******** - so again practice what you preach - if you don't like what someone is saying, don't read it.

Did I miss something over there? Seems like theres a bunch of threads MIA, and just as many locked.

I don't recall seeing anything to warrant that besides some well deserved criticism regarding C3's latest failure, and failure to make things right with the folks who are out $200.

I try not to talk about C3 over there...things get so emotional between the Kool Aid kids and those who have been wronged. Of course I haven't bought a C3 since the San Fran ALF, so I don't have much of a reason to talk about them anyway.

Then you and Oz should get along just great! Oops, Oz can't contact you. Again another cowardly post without an email address.

“The coward only threatens when he is safe.”… Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

You can contact me offline at the above email address if you wish.

Saw this coming a long time ago.

When C3 started to go star wars and air and space I knew right then and there that things would not be the same. And they weren't. I haven't bought C3 for a long time. Christmas apparatus models that I used to get from C3 for my two sons now come from other companies. Too bad. They had a good thing going.

It does seem like over at the other board that any threads not singing praise to Code 3 are locked or removed.

Finally it is being seen by others...

Its not just the threads that get locked it seems, as for the cowards comment no email address etc lets see

You knew who I was anyway (even if you can never spell my name right) and I find out that I've been banned when I try to log in. Well I guess that makes it hard to post any explanation retraction or similar doesn't it Larry

Guess I'll just have to hang out here with all the other "bottom feeders"

Yes, Larry's post about you being a coward for not posting an email address was a bit uncalled for, seeing as he has all your personal details anyway.
He obviously just wanted to try to humiliate you, but its backfired.
Lets look at it another way, anyone can access emails on this board if someone is foolisah enough to post it, where on HIS board, its not visible for all the world to access it, maybe only if you are another member ??
Protect your own EH!!

Quit being hypocritical

Being one of the members that has "inside" information, such as how to contact the management at Code 3 directly, you are the real coward Larry. We didn't exactly seeing you posting contact phone #s when member after member (on your own board) - posted that they were not receiving any answers from Code 3 about their defective merchandise. Way to treat your own board members Larry - you really supported them. And nobody will buy a BS response from you that you do not have anyone's contact information. That ship has sailed long ago.

Thanks for your kind remarks...

Tracking the web thief

Just a test

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)