Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pinewood Derby

Don't know if this will work, but I'll try and post these photos. My son and I finished up our last Pinewood Derby "car" tonight, and we're pretty excited about how it turned out.

Re: Pinewood Derby

Ahhhhh ****.....it didn't work. Well, at least you can cut and paste the links if you're so inclined.

Steve - AWESOME!!!

Looks really cool. I've seen some modern and futuristic style pinewood derby cars, but this is the first antique one I've seen. Let's us know if you win. Again, very nice job.

Now that is cool! I remember building pinewood derby cars with my sons when they were in Cub Scouts. Had a ball.

I also built a car for Pinewood Derby in the Cub Scouts. My Dad was Scoutmaster, and had constructed a ramp, track sections, with electronic finish line sensors (this was back in early 1960s). No argument on who won races.

My frends and I built cars and raced on that track for a couple of years. This model of a fire truck is very inventive. However, I would suspect the extra weight may have disqualified it as an entry. But it is cool. Thanks for the post.

It weighed in at 4.6 ounces, the limit is 5. I bored out the back end.

It came in Second place!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)