Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USDA PRIME MOVER TITAN TRACTOR & LOWBOY

I'm building a Prime Mover using a C3 E-One Titan, and a lot of plastic. Tractor cab is a shortened ARFF, on a scratchbuilt frame. Lowboy trailer was built from plastic sheet and brass stock, with wheels/tires from another ARFF. At this point, both units have been painted Krylon Kiwi for USDA, and diamondplate upper surface attached.

Truck is modeled after FAUN and HEMTT military type heavy duty all terrain haulers.

Photobucket Link to Build:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/PRIME%20MOVER%20TITAN%20HAULER/

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

%%bbCodeItem_2%%

Sorry, I forgot ATEV does not support photos the same way as other sites:

24A. PRIME MOVER SET PAINTED

24B. PRIME MOVER SET PAINTED

Re: USDA PRIME MOVER TITAN TRACTOR & LOWBOY

And with silver diamodplate sheet attached:

25B. PRIME MOVER SET DIAMONDPLATE

25C. PRIME MOVER SET DIAMONDPLATE

Chuck, I wish I had a fraction of the imagination that you have when it comes to these kitbash/scratchbuilds. I have enjoyed your work since the old Code 3 board days when you'd post pics of your single axle Oshkosh crash trucks. Please keep them coming.

Be Safe,
Bob

I love watching these come together. It makes me envious of your skill, thoughts and time you put into them.

Jeff

FANTASTIC WORKMANSHIP,THANKS FOR SHARING IT

SKILL? IMAGINATION? WHATEVER? Try I'm on Medications and I was attempting to construct an Aurora model of the Wolfman.

Anyways, I have the lowboy trailer about 95% complete. Need to add a bunch of little details and decals to finish off this part of the build. The size accomidates some of my larger concoctions. Thanks for the kind comments, my pusher (Dr. Rosen) will appreciate it.

26D. PRIME MOVER LOWBOY DETAILED

Have E-One Titan Tractor about 95% complete.

Photobucket Link:
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/PRIME%20MOVER%20TITAN%20HAULER/

28F. PRIME MOVER TITAN TRACTOR

28C. PRIME MOVER TITAN TRACTOR

29B. PRIME MOVER TITAN LOWBOY SET

E-One Titan & Lowboy, compared to Pete 379 & KC3 Lowboy:

31E. USDA FNF HAULER SETS

The Wolfman never looked so good. Fantastic work. Thanks for the pic's.

Finally finished the tractor and lowboy. I added a roof ladder, toolbox, crane for large tires, and decals. To the lowboy, I added hydraulic/electrical connection to the neck, and a couple of warning beacons to the rear.

32C. USDA E-ONE TITAN PRIME MOVER

32A. USDA E-ONE TITAN PRIME MOVER

32D. USDA E-ONE TITAN PRIME MOVER

33A. USDA E-ONE TITAN PRIME MOVER SET

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)