Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THIS IS RIDICULOUS QUALITY CONTROL

Dunkle will never apologize. He's too busy telling us where he's been and how great Code 3 is...NOT!

Just a thought. With Dunkel's wife sick, it is possible these "What's New" pages were prepared beforehand so he could take some time off.

Face it, it doesn't matter what he says. He's going to get bashed. On the other board, guys were already trashing him in advance based on their guesses of what he might say.

In spite of it, Code 3 posted someothing. It's more than other companies do.

Personaly, I think that based on what's been reported with the Philly DP, the quality issue needs to be addressed. I realize its taking a long time, but if you've ever had to deal with companies working in the far east, you might understand the issues. Nothing is quick. That being said, a public acknowledgement of the issue and the intent to fix it would have gone a long way.

TO go along with Tom's comments about working with the far east, there are many other items that go into the process. But also what do you want them to do? Make an appology? What does that prove? Acknowledge publically some (ALL?) models are defective? Why it has already been done. Say what will be done to correct the problem. It is possible even a few weeks since the board announcements, they don't know the entire scope or exactly how to fully correct the problem. Was it all 3000? or just the ones run through a single worker's station? If you truly believe that all pieces are fully inspected prior to shipment you are fooling yourself. Generally in a production run you might get a first article inspection and then perhaps a random sample during the run. But more times than not the latter won't occur. Even when built in America.

That being said I am appreciative to the posts bringing this to light. It has let me wait to order mine until I know it will be correct(ed).

Jeff

TO go along with Tom's comments about working with the far east, there are many other items that go into the process. But also what do you want them to do? Make an appology? YES MAKE AN APOLOGY. What does that prove? IT PROVES THAT THE "BOYS" AT CODE 3 HAVE ENOUGH GUTS TO MAYBE DO THE RIGHT THING. Acknowledge publically some (ALL?) models are defective? YES. Why it has already been done.NOT BY CODE 3 IT HASN'T. Say what will be done to correct the problem. YEAH THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START, OR LET'S SEE, A $50 DOLLAR OFF COUPON FOR ANY MODEL FOR ANYONE PURCHASING A DEFECT. It is possible even a few weeks since the board announcements, they don't know the entire scope or exactly how to fully correct the problem. Was it all 3000? IT DOESN'T MATTER. or just the ones run through a single worker's station? AGAIN, DOESN'T MATTER. If you truly believe that all pieces are fully inspected prior to shipment you are fooling yourself. NO, WE ARE NOT FOOLING OURSELVES. NOBODY SAID SOMEONE AT CODE 3 (CA) HAD TO DO THE INSPECTION, BUT SOMEONE SHOULD. DON'T YOU REMEMBER ALL THOSE "CHECKED BY QC3" STICKERS? NOW IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT NOBODY EVER CHECKED THEM, THEN THE STICKERS ARE A FRAUD. Generally in a production run you might get a first article inspection and then perhaps a random sample during the run. But more times than not the latter won't occur. Even when built in America.

SO WHEN JETBLUE AND OTHER AIRLINES HAD PROBLEMS WITH AIRPLANES SITTING ON THE RUNWAYS FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME, OR FLIGHTS BEING CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT PLACES, WHAT HAPPENED? FOR ONE, THERE WAS A PUBLIC - PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE COMPANY. IT WAS AN APOLOGY. AND THEN WHAT? THEN THERE WERE VOUCHERS GIVEN TO PASSENGERS, IN ADDITION TO REFUNDS. THESE VOUCHERS WERE ABOVE AND BEYOND ANYTHING REQUIRED BY LAW OR BY THEIR CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE. IN FACT, WHEN THE JET BLUE INCIDENT HAPPENED, THERE WAS NOTHING REQUIRING JET BLUE DO ANYTHING MORE THAN GIVE A REFUND. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, CODE 3 SHOULD MAKE A PUBLIC APOLOGY AND OFFER VOUCHERS TO THOSE WHO HAD DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO GOT 2 OR 3 DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS FOR THEIR INCONVENIENCE. IN MOST CASES OF POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP, A CUSTOMER WILL BE BROUGHT BACK BY SIMPLY ACKNOWLEDGING THE PROBLEM, SAYING THE COMPANY IS SORRY ABOUT IT, AND OFFERING THEM TOKEN COMPENSATION. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES THAT BECAUSE THIS IS "JUST A HOBBY, OR JUST DIECAST" THAT THE COMMON COURTESIES AND BUSINESS PRACTICES OF THE REAL WORLD DO NOT APPLY. AT $200 EACH, ITS AN EXPENSIVE HOBBY FOR CUSTOMERS TO BE TREATED THIS WAY.

That being said I am appreciative to the posts bringing this to light. It has let me wait to order mine until I know it will be correct(ed).

Jeff

NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON JEFF BTW, JUST RESPONDING TO HIS INFERENCES.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)