Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A special messege from Code 3

This just arrived in my inbox:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

12995 PHILADELPHIA SQURT 43

Code 3 Collectibles strives to maintain a level of quality and detail that our dedicated collectors have come to expect and demand. This is one of the definitive aspects of the Code 3 product for the past eleven years.

Throughout the manufacturing process there are various hurdles that must be met to bring a product to market. From the inception of a model to the finished packaging process multiple quality control checks, inspections and test are preformed to assure the finished product is excellent in concept and execution. Through the lengthy manufacturing process one small step, not executed properly, can have a dramatic effect on the end product even though it is not readily noticed until further inspection.

Recently, a final inspection in the US revealed that the 12995 Philadelphia Squrt 43 did not meet the Code 3 standards. Most of the issues were related to the packaging of the model. The packaging did not protect the product during the shipping process and in fact the very process of packaging (related to inner styro block) caused damage to the model.

Last week Code 3 management made a decision to stop any further shipments of the 12995 Philly Squrt due to the issues stated above. Code 3 will accept the return of any of the models already shipped and will pay for the return freight (copy of shipping receipt must be provided).

Remember, Code 3 Collectibles:

* Has and always will stand behind the product.
* First and foremost strives to please the collector base.
* Detail and quality are the most important aspect of Code 3 models.

SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS:

Code 3 Collectibles
12995 PHILLY SQURT
3378 San Fernando Road
Los Angeles, CA 90065

Next update: Friday, March 7, 2008

Re: A special messege from Code 3

Funny how they are blaming the packaging, its the same packaging they used on the original squrt, and they came through OK!!!
Well mine to the UK did, and I heard no complaints from anyone else then.

A special messege from the Party's Central Committee.

GIVE ME a "B", GIVE ME an "S"

WHAT'S THAT SPELL? WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

GO TEAM !!!

Most humorus post in weeks. LOL

Johnny boy and Code 3 still can't get it right. What bs.

"Last week Code 3 management made a decision to stop any further shipments...". Then there should have been an email LAST WEEK. Not wait another 5 or so days. Once again a day late and $200 dollars short.

The biggest load of BS ever heard:

"First and foremost strives to please the collector base."

Then they should have addressed this issue the first day it was obvious there was a mass problem, not 3 weeks later. And please quit with "they had to research the scope, magnitude, and cause of the problem". No they didn't - they could have release SOME kind of statement once it was apparent there was a problem.

How does the lack of having customer service reps on site strive to please the collector? Once again, had there been a live person to talk to from day 1, this problem could have been resolve 10x faster. Some people have yet to receive a personal email response 3 weeks later.

Again, maybe if John was doing his job, instead of talking about all the snow, his cancelled trips, his wifes injury, the move...EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE, this would have been resolved in a more effective and expedient matter.

Got any more lies for us Mr.Dunkel?? Oh wait, you were too afraid to even put your name on that announcement. Real management accountability in action.

I just don't get it. Nobody who received a defective squirt was going to loose their money. So that can't be the source of this outrage. Having your money tied up in a refund process could certain raise some ire.

But is it the model, or want of the model, that has everyone so hot? Meaning, are the affected parties panties in such tightly wound wads because they, well, just want the **** model. And are p'ed that they can't get at this time, under optimum/regular conditions?

let's say you want to keep the model for the collection. And can repair the possible damage. Instead of re imbursing the returns, why don't sent the buyers a fixed amount in return as a coupon for the next buy?

Having not ordered the truck (and thankful to all of you for the valuable information you have posted about your experience), I don't know what I would do.

If I had a perfect truck--and face it, I don't know if there's any there--I would probably want it for my collection, yet I would feel that $200 is a rip off b/c down the line, you're ultimately going see those trucks sold "AS-IS" for $29.99 with a disclaimer saying that no refunds/all sales final. And the kit bashers will have a field day transforming an otherwise piece of junk into a thing of beauty.

I think anyone that ordered the piece (and keeps it) should be entitled to a $100 credit. Anyone that ordered it and returned it should get, nominally, a $25 credit just for the sake of aggrivation.

When you consider how the SPS sold for $325 (I bought it at that price) and now they can't give it away for $99, there is clearly still being made at that price.

Sure vouchers may put a small dent in the Code 3 kitty, but they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what's more important, take a hit now b/c of their q/c issues and maintain a loyal collector following or risk not doing anything and having the one's that kept them afloat from the get go take their money elsewhere never to do return business.

Not much of a decision as far as I'm concerned, but I'm pretty good at spending other people's money

My 2 Lincolns.....

Funny how this terrible packaging can remove paint, delete parts and spirit them out of the box and make decals crooked!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)