Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A special messege from Code 3

let's say you want to keep the model for the collection. And can repair the possible damage. Instead of re imbursing the returns, why don't sent the buyers a fixed amount in return as a coupon for the next buy?

Having not ordered the truck (and thankful to all of you for the valuable information you have posted about your experience), I don't know what I would do.

If I had a perfect truck--and face it, I don't know if there's any there--I would probably want it for my collection, yet I would feel that $200 is a rip off b/c down the line, you're ultimately going see those trucks sold "AS-IS" for $29.99 with a disclaimer saying that no refunds/all sales final. And the kit bashers will have a field day transforming an otherwise piece of junk into a thing of beauty.

I think anyone that ordered the piece (and keeps it) should be entitled to a $100 credit. Anyone that ordered it and returned it should get, nominally, a $25 credit just for the sake of aggrivation.

When you consider how the SPS sold for $325 (I bought it at that price) and now they can't give it away for $99, there is clearly still being made at that price.

Sure vouchers may put a small dent in the Code 3 kitty, but they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what's more important, take a hit now b/c of their q/c issues and maintain a loyal collector following or risk not doing anything and having the one's that kept them afloat from the get go take their money elsewhere never to do return business.

Not much of a decision as far as I'm concerned, but I'm pretty good at spending other people's money

My 2 Lincolns.....

Funny how this terrible packaging can remove paint, delete parts and spirit them out of the box and make decals crooked!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)