Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ?????????????????????????

Another nice momentum in the history of Code3.

I order the Buffalo ALF on aug 3 2007. It is in my online order page of code 3, still today, as ordered. After the shipping announcement, mine didn't show up, so i have sent the a message where it was.

Here is the answer:

----Oorspronkelijk bericht----
Van: IS5747_17718@is.instantservice.com
Datum : 13/11/2007 10:59
Aan: "Hans Kranenburg"
Onderw: Order Status (#8242-86310673-6905)

Dear Mr. Hans Kranenburg:

We are very sorry but 1/64 Buffalo American LaFrance Eagle Engine 38 (12147-0000) is already sold out, this was the same reason why your order didn't reflect in our system. You may still try our dealers who may still carry the item. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Code 3 Collectibles
Customer Service

-

Van: "hanskranenburg@tiscali.nl" «Aan adresboek toevoegen» «Afzender blokkeren»
Aan:
CC: john.dunkel@funrise.com
Onderwerp: Re: Order Status (#8242-86310673-6905)
Verzonden: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:35:58 +0100

Dear madam or sir,

As a long term customer and clubmember, i bought at your company every model which came out, and i will not accept the way this failure in your order system is being handled.

I have ordered the model, it was confirmed as ordered, and if somebody in your company forgets to ship my order when the model comes available, i think this is a problem in your company.

After my complaint i get the message i can order it again, when at that moment it was allready sold out? So unfortunatly your dept doesn't know where it is talking about, and now it is making the companies problem my problem.

Mr Dunkel promised us better customer service, so this attitude by sending me to a dealer is the wrong one. I have an order, you say you don't have stock. Well find a way to satisfy a long term customer. Perhaps you can check at a dealer to have one back, whatever, but don't say to me we can't help you on this item.

Regards

Hans Kranenburg

Till today, even after several reminders, NO ANSWER.

CUSTOMER SERVICE??????

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE ?????????????????????????

You are absolutely right, there is something seriously wrong in Code 3 customer service. When I lived in the UK I used to tell amazed fellow Brits about North American customer service (we just don't have any in Britain) and how Code 3 would replace any model instantly, reply quickly to e-mails, etc, etc. I complained about the poor quality of Tower Ladder 1 literally months ago and received the "holding" e-mail that said my complaint would be dealt with shortly. Then nada, zip, nothing, nix, zilch.

My suspicion is that I got no reply because the entire batch was as lousy as the one shipped to me and we were talking entire product recall, not replace one by one.

We all know trading conditions are tough in the US at the moment and all companies are locking down the hatches. That means cost cuts and less money for "inessentials" like customer service. But you cannot put up your prices, lower your standard AND lower your customer service. That is a triple whammy for going out of business. If I cannot trust a company not to ship me a "lemon" that they will not replace, why am I going to send them fifty or a hundred bucks? It is not supposed to be like buying a ticket in a lottery. I say this, sadly, as a collector like Hans with many, many past purchases from Code 3.

Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE ?????????????????????????

MARILYN AND GILLS FIRE STATION SHOULD HAVET BUFFALO ALF IN STOCK ,IF NOT I HAVE 10. AND CAN SPARE 1

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)