Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

I wanted to see how little I would need to paint (and save two hours of painful detail parts removal) if I converted a C3 Vancouver E-One Titan to a CFD Unit. Vancouver related tampos were removed, and body carefully cut at seams. Scratchbuilt chassis base, bulkheads, and side body tanks glued together and painted. Two HO scale gondola load coil covers glued together as the new water supply tank. A frame from an Academy T-72 Tank was narrowed, with tread position altered to fit model. C3 red was matched to Testors #1203 Red.

Link to Photobucket construction:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/CDF%20E-ONE%20TITAN%20TRACKED%20TANKER/

I will cut Titan roof sections to fit opening at each end of the supply tank. Model will be decaled with Roadblockers CFD set. Additional details will be added to complete model. Model to represent an off-road heavy duty tanker brush unit.

2B. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

3A. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

5A. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

9A. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

10B. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

11C. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Re: CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Sorry, I meant CDF, as in California Division of Forestry.

Chuck, That's not right either...It's "Cal Fire" as of a year or two ago. You know how names and acronyms always need to change every couple of years to let people know that you are working out there. Nicae job on the new rig!

I've painted and attached the diamondplate base for the water tank. Starting to apply CDF decals.

13B. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

15C. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

15B. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Actually Troy, according to the current Governor, its "Kael-E'-Forn-E'-Yah". So maybe the agency is "Kael-E' Fiure" ???

"E'l be Bock" with more photographs as work progresses.

Chuck:

That tracked tanker is a great piece of work. That is something that would catch the attention of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue over here!

CDF (CAL FIRE) E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Model is about 95% complete. Very simple conversion. Bigger than I had anticipated, as I had to add length to accomidate the larger tank. A few more small details, and it will be finished. I like the big and crazy stuff.

16D. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

16E. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Loaded on Transtar II Command Hauler & KC3 Lowboy:

17A. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Loaded on Mack R Prime Mover & KC3 Lowboy:

18A. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

The Great things from Chuck's assembly line keep rollin out the door. Another great one.

Finished. I added some suction hoses, a rear water monitor, water manifolds on rear deck, and some additional detail parts.

19D. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

19F. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

19G. CDF E-ONE TITAN TRACKED TANKER

Man, what a pile of excrement. I thought you may have been talented, but this thing is just stupid. Stick to what you do best, oh hang on what do you do best. It's been that long since you contributed anything worth while. At least do something that exists. Keep seeing your shrink and taking your pills buddy, you will get out of this slump sooner or later.

Great ideas came out of imaginering minds. Chuck is expressing himself to a great piece of model. So Tonka boy, keep with your Tonka's, keeps you narrowminded and please don't watch what other are thinking/doing.

Australians EH !
Obviously tonka boy thinks he's crocodile dundee.
Crock'o**** more like.

Tonka Boy,
Do me a favor will ya?? Go play in MOVING TRAFFIC!!!

Chuck....Great work (as usual)!

I like to see these models, they show tremendous imagination and creativity. To say nothing of the time and effort that goes into each one. Nice work Chuck.

Thanks for all the comments. Gee, it sounds like someone isn't getting any in New South Wales. LOL

Nice work on the tanker, Chuck.

Remember Siro Convoy - Simon from the truck boards?

I'd be willing to guess he's your new... Person of limited cognitive ability here. There aren't a lot of people from Austrailia that frequent the boards, and even fewer that would make comments like that.

He's still a dick, even if saying so helped to get me banned from S&K too

Again, nice work on the rig.

L.J.F.P. Er'c

What a waste of oxygen "Tonka Toy's R Us" is...

CHUCK - Another cool rig, even if it is not "real' I like it, and all the others you have shared before, alot. Folks not willing to use their real names should not be allowed to post here...

Quote "Folks not willing to use their real names should not be allowed to post here... "

Who would have to time or the facilities for verifying this.

Chuck, this kitbash is:

Bizarre? Sorta.
Different? Certainly.
Well done? Definitely.
Interesting? Absolutely.

It sure B.T.L.S. out of yet another XXXX, but even those have been few and far between, at least publicly. It takes a lot of skill and patience, as well as a sanity deficit to produce something like this thing. Well done!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)