Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New from C3...not

You're right on the price...OUCH! I didn't even look at that the first time. Definately getting to the point where the term 'over-priced' has to be considered. I realize that the U.S.$$ is weak, but these prices are really going nuts.

I know that there are collectors out there happy about the latest Code 3 offering. I just can't get overly excited about yet another Pierce Quantum or the other Pierce. It's not an issue of a repainted model, as I buy repaint's of other diecast companies models. For me it's an issue of using the same model over and over...They should mix it up some....Aside from that, the modern rigs don't interest me that much.

There are so many other molds they could have reused, that were under used in the first place that would have added a level of variety. How about the Mack CF/Pirsch rearmount, very close to what Milwaukee ran...I know other dept's did too. Or the Ward LaFrance, How about a red version from Boston, or a Chicago version...lots of departments ran these over the years as well. Or if it's a modern rig, how about a non-FDNY Seagrave...now that's something I'd really like to see. I'm just all Pierced out.

Of course with the new pricing, I'd still have to wait until they were on clearance, lol.

I loved the newsletter comment

"You have to admit the guessing game gives you a chance to speculate and heightens the anticipation of the release"

Sorry LoD but since your little experiments which led to "The Philadelphia Effect" and "The Boston Boogie" the guessing game I have been having is what will you offer next month that won't make me "recycle diced carrots" and if I actually like it how many bits will fall of it pre & post packing. That said I do actually like your offerings this month. Now that you've been able to produce a model with the ladder on the correct side perhaps you'd like to have a go at one with the driver and officer in the "proper" positions too

Very nice engines, but I won't be getting them. And yes, i think the what is it game is nice-but sometimes the anticipation turns to a let down for some-happy easter

I am pleased to see the release of the Palm Beach Gardens E-1 and I will buy one only because it is near my home and I see these awesome PBG rigs often.

But C3 seems to be cutting corners. As with mostly all South Florida engines, the front tires are very wide in order to deal with the soft terrain. This is what gives them that bad-ass look. From the release photos by C3 the tires are way too thin.

Also, the lime color does not appear correct. But it seems they got the rotoray right.

Below is a link to the actual E-1 in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6Qmd9BpsI

MassFire, I think your right on about re doing some molds that have disappeared, The Mack/Pirsch, Ward LaFrance, Sutphen, Crown, to name afew!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)