Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fire Engines.Net/TWH

Just a little thing, but the home page at Fire Engines.net describes the TWH Pierce VELOCITY PUC as a QUANTUM. Just a typo, I'm sure, Larry has been around the hobby long enough to know the difference.

Re: Fire Engines.Net/TWH

Check out Diecast direct's prices for the Trucks,

why are they so high???

WOW! The title under the picture changed within seconds of the above posting! I wish all our manufacturers/suppliers were that quick off the mark!

Jim, that is pretty much the going price range for these pieces. They are expected to be museum quality, highly detailed replicas. Check our the pictures Larry has posted and the list of features. Personally, I'd rather have one really well-done model than four so-so's. Which might be the starting point for another discussion.

Personally, I would have preferred a few less goodies and a lower price. Many of the features I just don't need on a shelf model. Things like working suspensions, tilt cabs etc. As nice as they may be, I will take 2 Code 3 engines and a ladder for the same price. Or even 4 or 5 Corgi models.

They are impressive. Just hard to justify when 2 of the 3 models have already been done.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)