Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FR Chargers, finally!!

FR is not the first, nor will they be the last to miss target release dates. We have just received some Classic Metal works busses, about one and a half years late, and we have lots of models on order from Minichamps, some orders over 4 years old. Hot Wheels Batmobiles about a year late, should I go on...

Well now the news being posted is that the Mass Charger's were not with this shipment????? This is getting ridiculous. Diecat Direct really needs to take a step back and get their shipping/release dates in order.

I agree with Troy, announcing the cars is fair enough but keep the release dates to themselves until it is 100 percent confirmed.

I need to revise my post, as I mis-read the info. It seems that "not all" of the Mass Charger's that were due to arrive, arrived. More are expected in at least 2 months. Who knows when we will ever see the blank Charger's????

All I know is I'm looking forward to the Oregon State Police chargers this fall, or next year, which ever comes first !

Project mgmt 101. Project kick-off. Every key component of the project "buys into" the release dates and schedule,and commit to getting the project done on that date. NO exceptions. Its not "whenever we get it done, we get it done, and screw you we move at our own pace". Thats what contracts are for. If you are ahead of schedule, the factory gets a bonus.If the factory is behind schedule, they get docked - and YES - depending on the reason for delay, that dock can represent the TOTAL profit the factory were to receive for production costs. I'm so sick of hearing "because its china, all rules and all contract law is out". Thats BS - An international contract with production and delivery terms is just as enforcable. 4 years late producing some molds? Could you imagine if Chrysler, Ford, GM or some other large manufacturer -Boeing said...yeah...the 2008 models will come out in 2012 because there are delays in China...That is absurd. Regardless of what it is - diecast or not...if a project is 4 years behind schedule, thats 4 years of potential profits, and 4 years worth of potential to expand the client base. If factory xyz is 4 years behind in China, then go to ABC, 123, or whoever. I'm sure there is some capacity in all of china. Or go to mexico, tiawan, korea, or somewhere novel, say Iowa, or Kansas, or Kentucky. For what Code 3 and other diecast companies pay in shipping, import/export fees, political, economical, and ********* quality, maybe it is time to bring it back here. I would rather pay $10 more (the nonclub price) for a piece made in the US than 10 or 20 less for a misfit piece made overseas that has quality issues, delivery issues, and does less to add value to our economy.

FR Chargers, finally!!

Does anyone realize that First Response origonally advertised their issue of Crown Vics as "Late" model police vehicles?

Ouch. Ride it like a Ford. LOL

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)