Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Palm Beach Gardens Engine 1

I have been quick enough to come on here to bash Code 3 when they get things wrong, and they sure can be infuriating. But when they get things right they get things very right and this model is a beauty. No quality control issues with mine: decals are pin sharp and the quality is flawless. I know some of you are ticked off with Code 3 and the repeat molds but, really, if model fire trucks are your thing I would look again at this one and not pass it up. Thumbs up from me on this one.

Re: Palm Beach Gardens Engine 1

i agree that they did a beautiful job except for the lightbar and the front strobes and since they did both of these wrong i can say i will not buy this but i do agree that the oc is perceft grafics are perfect but i wont buy it at this point

What's up with the Q siren Why is it pointing up.
And the crosslays look kind of Tacky. Pump panel is Impressive!

I couldn't tell you the difference between a Federal Q, and the Monty Python guy from the James Bond movies, or the old fart who played him earlier. The Palm Beach Gardens pumper looks alright to me, even with wrong lights. Still, at the selling price, I'll wait for it to go on sale at ebay or a liquidator. But I probably will purchase it someday, but the price will have to be lower by 1/2 to 1/3rd before I open up my wallet.

I agree with Chuck. As much as I wish to own the PBG engine, the price + shipping is ridiculous! I'll wait too.

Forget you C3!

I saw this model at the Pierce plant gift shop yesterday and it's a very nice model. What's the deal, though, with the 2 suction hoses on the front bumper?

What do you mean with "what's the deal with the hose"?? It's like that on the real rig. What question are you asking about it??

I was asking, Troy, because I'm used to seeing only ONE elbow with the attatched suction hose on the front bumper of a typical pumper, including the pumper on the department for which I work for. This is the first time I've ever seen 2 elbows with attatched suction hose on the front bumper of a pumper. That's what I'm asking about.

The one on the Driver's side ia actually supposed to be a Bumper Line/Attack Line/Trash Line.
Guess they couldn't get-er-done in 1 3/4"!!

Geez Jeff, lighten up there Chief! You asked "what's the deal", and I was was trying to help you out, but since you were so vague, I was trying to clarify. You didn't like the color?, The quality?, The size? the loaction? How is anybody supposed to know what you were asking when you leave it at "what's the deal?" I was just trying to answer your question. Don't really need the attitude back for just trying to help you out.

I stand Corrected...BOTH are SUPPOSED to be ATTACK Lines....
What we have here is an ERROR on C3's part...Imagine that...LOL

I'm not a Chief.

Attitude? I don't think so, Loo. But I do think that what I asked was simple enough for anyone to know what I was talking about.

I don't know about you but they do look like trash lines to me. They don't even appear to be that far out of scale if at all. On our engines the suction connection is 5" ID and has about an 8" connection or almost the same size as our Q. These look to be smaller than the Q and the hose load looks quite similar to our trash line except for the color.

I guess someone should send me their model so I can verify with a set of calipers.

Jeff

Remember,the toy is 1/64 scale. The Discharges are 5' or 6" Intakes,not 1 1/2" discharges.
For comparision,look at W.Haverstraw'soutlet on the bumper.That's the "Correct" size.

Another major Code-3 Goof up on the PBG Rig the 2 intakes on the front bumper are not garbage lines!

How Come Tranny Has No "R" ????

Hey folks, its a Pierce. Those are not hose connections. They are color coordinated grab handles for the crew to push the vehicle backwards when the transmission breaks. LOL

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)