Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: People make me laugh

I don't have a problem with Larry but it's about time the organ grinder stopped the monkey from picking the tunes.....

Before I say anything else, I want to make two things abundantly clear. First, I won't argue for a minute that Code 3 appears to be dropping the ball with regard to customer service lately. I say "appears" because I personally haven't had any problems with them recently and am relying on information from others as the basis for this judgment. Second, I respect the right of any individual to disagree with the way that Larry runs his board.

Those two things being said, I must take exception to a number of opinions expressed in the previous post.

1. You may not like the way Larry runs his board, but invoking the name of Hitler in this conversation is simply ridiculous. Enough said.

2. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits congress from making laws that abridge the freedom of speech. It does not in any way prevent Larry from determining what is posted on HIS board. The fact that you can come on this board and criticize Larry, John, Code 3, and anyone else you want to indicates that the concept of freedom of speech is, in fact, alive and well in America.

3. The fact that Larry has contacts within Code 3 does not create any obligation on him to intervene on anyone's behalf with regard to customer service problems. Furthermore, it seems to me that Larry is showing great integrity by not disclosing contact information for Code 3 (or any other company for that matter) that I assume that he has been asked to keep in confidence.

Godwin's Law: As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

Same applies to any online discussion group, I suppose.

mjl

The sad part is that we as collectors wouldn't care how good or bad customer service was if there had not been the problems with the model. The best customer service department is one I never have to call!

Al...that then gives Code 3 the best customer services around because you never get to talk to them.....LOL.

When did their quality start to go down the tube....for mine it was around the Tarrytown platform ...it was the first one that bits fell off ad nauseaum.

But their "unethical" or "purely Loyal to customers" business practices started Waaaaayyyyyyyyy before that

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)