Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decals to re-number Matchbox Crown Vic

Not sure if any of you have seen the latest variation of the Matchbox Crown Victoria Police car--it is labled for El Segundo, CA (car 49). The "49" is white lettering against black paint on the front fender just before the fender meets the doors--I believe the car is 1/68th scale according to the base, but 1/87 numbers would probably work best.

So does anyone have a number sheet of either stickers or waterslides that are white in color. To do what I want to do I would need a alpha/numeric sheet with about 15 of each number and letter.

Please post a reply and I will get in touch with you if you can help me out.

Re: Decals to re-number Matchbox Crown Vic

I'd like to know when the El Segunda Pierce Arrow XT pumper is coming out.

Seems like the highly-anticipated models are always released last.

For what you're looking for, John A., try Microscale's HO scale #90101 "Railroad Gothic Letters and Numbers." These are nice white block letters and numbers that come in several different sizes, and the smallest ones would, I think, work for what you're looking for.

Hey Jeff.....

I've been all over the Matchbox Boards looking for info on the pumper. Rumor is it won't be for a while. Matchbox has some nice REALISTIC cars this year. For a buck a pop, you can't go wrong.

You have a vendor you suggest for buying those decals? Appreciate the info!!

John

I wouldn't mind picking up some of those decals myself. Right now I have some small adhesive vinyl numbers I use for unit numbers for the roofs of these cars. I do need something smaller to letter the sides of the cars as K-9, Patrol Supervisor, etc.

I've heard the Pierce pumper won't be out until later in the year. Even the new garbage truck that was supposed to be released in the most recent wave, wave "E" has been pushed back until "F". Matchbox has been doing an outstanding job the last 3 years, I'm really enjoying a lot of the classic cars they've come with, plus there have been some really great police cars the last few years, with the Crown Vic, Charger and Magnum...sadly, the fire stuff is still pretty lousy. Hopefully the Pierce will be a new beginning. I do agree, at a buck a piece you can't go wrong.

John A., try Walthers. They usually stock a lot of Microscale's decals. Or try your local hobby shop, and if they don't stock them, see if they'll order them for you. I bought mine at a train show.

Looking forward to seeing the MB Pierce pumper! Hope it looks good.

Ordered them direct from Microscale. Only downside was there was a $20 minimum order so I bought 3 sheets and decal setting solution. 4 bucks for shipping.

They had reasonable shipping. Walthers wanted $7.50 to mail a single sheet which would go in a 42 cent envelope.

Can't wait to get them and use them!!

I've used these on several of my Boley fire models. They're just nice block-type of lettering and numbers that you'd see on several fire department vehicles. They not only come in white, but black, yellow and red, too.

I think you'll like the results, John.

They just arrived. EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Cool! Glad I could help.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)