Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mack Model C Rescue

I wasn't aware of this model until I received a catalog in the mail from Motormint.com. They've put a Gerstenlager rescue body on their earlier 1:50 scale 1960 Mack Model C fire engine cab and chassis. Marked for West Hempstead FD. I expect this has been noted on several other sites but I hadn't seen it here. I'm mostly a police collector so I'm not always up on the latest fire models, but I like vintage apparatus and I like rescue squads, so I thought I'd mention it. The only things I didn't care for on the original model were the oversize hinges on the opening doors. The squad still has those since the cab's unchanged, but it looks pretty good. Here's a link: http://www.motormint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1974

Re: Mack Model C Rescue

I received one of these from the Fire and Cop Shop. Not a bad model for the price. The box is marked 1/32 but as you said it is more on the lines of 1/50th.

$14.99 at Fire and Cop Shop.

Worth the money in my opion.

Weren't they trying to get this made for Lynn, MA as well--one in Red then another one in Lime after it was repainted?? I remember someone posting here sometime last year asking for pictures of the actual rig to help develop the model, but I never heard anything more about it. I would buy it for $19.99.

Our version arrived and is shipping out to customers.
This version has The FD logo on base also and display
case top. 960 pcs. done.

What version is this ??? the 960 piece version ?

Everystoystore.com has the Mack rescue for $11.70,
now that's a great price.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)