Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mattel and San Diego

Anybody seen this yet? or know what they will be making?
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?id=59235§ionId=46

Re: Mattel and San Diego

Link isn't working???

More than likely this will be a Matchbox model down the road. MB has been going after other cities in an effort to continue the "realism" of the line. El Segundo is on the new Tahoe in a 5 pack and will be on the ladder and Pierce later this year. Brazos County TX is on the Magnum and future Charger models. Bellvue WA is on a bus. Well you get the idea. Think toys with real city logos. Don't think Code 3 type stuff and you won't be disappointed. The mention of the fire copters means it will likely be on either a Skybuster or a larger plastic toy.

Jeff

El Segundo is also on the latest Crown Vic. I appreciated the way they tried to make their previous Crown Vic more accurate (the earlier one, issued as a single, had CHP-style markings but white rear doors and an incorrect slogan on the rear fenders). The one in the 5-pack had better-looking wheels, black rear doors, more authentic looking door insignia and the correct CHP slogan - but they still forgot to paint the roof white! The Brazos County Magnum is about as accurate as a small-scale toy can get, based on the photo on the Sheriff's website.

This year's Crown Vic is almost an exact replica except that the roof and roof supports should be white. Other than that, it's a nice semi-replica for 99 cents. You can't be expecting much more at that price. It's a well done casting.

I'm actually renumbering a couple of the cars that way I have a "Fleet" to compliment the pumper when it comes out later this year.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)