Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Collectibles Club: Would you join again if...?

If we could have the Code 3 Collectors Club back the way it used to be, as in colorful quarterly newsletters, the collectors books showing a few years' worth of releases that came out once a year, mailings announcing present and future releases, special C3CC-only truck releases, etc., would you be willing to join up again?

I'm one of those that let my membership lapse because there was nothing left to be a part of! Once Code 3 decided to stop mailing out paper copies of the newsletters and only offered them through the Code 3 website, plus the other amentities we lost, I saw no reason to be a part of the so-called "club."

The other day I got out all of my Code 3 newsletters, collectors books, special mailings, etc., that I've saved through the years in the black Code 3 portfolio-style bag I got as a member one year, and reminisced about "the good old days" of the club and how neat it was to be a part of. Back then I considered recieving all that stuff money well-spent.

So, John Dunkel, if you read this, please consider bringing back the club as it used to be. It was special to be a part of. But you have to definately make it worth it to join, as it once was. I for one would definately re-join.

How about the rest of you out there?

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Club: Would you join again if...?

Like BB King Say's, The Thrill is gone! now let's move on to something else.

The biggest perk was the discount which you still get when you buy from one of the dealers.

As for sneak peaks, etc or pre-pro photos, not a big deal to me b/c they are not final products.

And as far as news goes--most of us see it posted here first before we ever find out from the webpage itself--even when we were members.

Rewards--wow, a whopping $10 off for every $200 spent. I don't buy enough for that to be of value.

At the end of the day, I don't feel I'm missing out on anything by not being a member.

So for me to rejoin, there'd have to be a REAL special incentive--and honestly, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I don't see the need to rejoin the club unless it would become a lot better than before. The final newsletters did not have much "news" in them, and even when they decided to post them electronically they stopped with the first newsletter. I thought some of the earlier newsletters were more interesting with articles about various fire departments, and not just a few captions about models that were being produced.

The rewards were not of much value; I would rather have had free shipping a couple times a year than get a free truck every couple years.

The collector club membership trucks lost their appeal to me after the original truck, as they were never a real department. I would have liked the membership truck to be from a real department, like the membership tanker, having been the Jacksonville tanker, even if it made for a somewhat unlimited number of models of that design.

I am however hopeful, that Code 3 is beginning to bear fruit from its reorganization, and will have to evaluate the changes to the “Club” when the program is fully redesigned.

I, too, enjoyed the articles in the newsletters about various collectors, fire departments, or an article about specific apparatus, etc. The earlier newsletters were several pages long and were interesting. The last few seemed to strictly be about current or near-future releases. That's not what I would want in a newsletter if those were to be resurrected.

I never used the rewards. I read about collectors who did use theirs and how useful they were.

The club trucks, as said, would have to be something different than what was previously available in the "old" club.

I think I would join if they had all of the original perks including the original Rescue Rewards (RR)program. I got screwed when they changed the rules on the RR program, because I was saving for a Diamond Plate.

Julius

NO!

They have had their run and now they are trying to re invent the past and all the gullible fools will bite as companies like Code 3 expect they will(they do the research to identify these people).....NO..

I let my membership lapse for some time because Code 3 wasn't producing anything I wanted to buy. However, once they came out with the Fairfax County engine I renewed. Saved 10 bucks on that model, so I only have to buy one more to break even. Surely they'll come out with something else I'll want in a year (I hope). The discounts really were the only reason I joined in the first place. As others have said, the free model was nice, but like the special members only models didn't represent any department so was of limited interest to me, I used the rescue rewards a few times but then didn't buy enough to get any, the newsletters were usually late or didn't show up at all, the book listing all the models was nice but not a necessity, and the workshop was updated less and less frequently. All in all, the discount is the only thing that matters to me, unless they start making police models again.

Didn't renew when the membership came due last December. C3 computer doesn't care still sends em free too!

Though I haven't renewed in about 2 years, my membership number and password still work to get into the club area. Anyone else have this "problem"?

Have the same so called "problem". Maybe we shouldn't be mentioning it as they may cotton on to the fact!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)