Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3 Annandale booster question

Just got my Fairfax County E440 and Annandale Quantum--both beauties. I haven't said that about anything from C3 in recent memory but the Hamilton, Fairfax and Annandale pieces really are fantastic.

So on the Annandale pumper--my booster line is "excited". It is protruding at a 180 degree straight line off the reel. Anyone else have this issue?

Doesn't look like it would fasten to anything, but I don't know. I don't think they would leave the hose protruding out like that on the model.

Re: C3 Annandale booster question

John A., there are photos of the Annandale pumper over on Fireengines.net, under "General Collecting Discussion", that show it at different angles. It shows the booster nozzle but not in the position as you describe, I don't think.

I think the Annandale model is one of the best Code 3's yet, as far as the graphics go.

Yes, that's how mine looks, except mine tends to stick out more. I just wanted to make sure nothing broke off that otherwise was holding the nozzle in place. Looks like that's the way it was made.

All 3 of the VA recently released pumpers are simply OUTSTANDING. The fact that I live a couple of miles from that Annandale station is pretty cool too.

Side note.....bought both from Bill at Past Time Hobbies. Just a GREAT guy to deal with which is why I continue to buy from him. Held my order (at my request) until the Annandale truck arrived. Didn't double the shipping charge. AND gives excellent customer service!

I agree about Past Time. I just bought the Fairfax County rig a few weeks ago from him and had no troubles.

Yes, it's always a bonus when Code 3 does rigs that are close to where you live. The Wood River ALF that Code 3 did a few years ago is in my collection simply because it's in the St. Louis area, where I live.

From where I am in the UK, I would say that the Buffalo rig is the nearest one to me, that code 3 has produced.

Pete, is that flying over the polar ice cap?

John A, My Annandale booster is the same way and I don't see why a drop of ACC on the nozzle wouldn't hold it down on the side.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)