Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 Hamilton Wagon 5

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that the modern day version of the "Wagon" didn't mean something else.

Not sure, but last I knew the folks in MD-DC-VA were still running 2-piece engine companies. As stated, the wagon would lay a supply line from the hydrant to the fire and the engine/pumper would pick up the line and pump it, thereby boosting the pressure off the hydrant. In most cases the wagon hit the hydrant with a 4-way (Mueshaw/Humat) valve.

When I was at Andrews AFB, in the 70's, PG County and most of the MD-VA-DC area was big on 2-piece engine companies.

I'm assuming that's the 4-way valve like Paul is referring to on the backstep of Code 3's ALF Baltimore County Engine 71? Not real familiar with those here in the midwest.

I forgot to add that Baltimore County Station 7 runs a 2-piece engine company, Engines 7 and 71, according to the BCFD website, so I'm assuming that Engine 71 acts as the wagon. It does have the large 4-way valve on the back, so....

Loundon County Fire continues to use the designation of "WAGON"for the controlled (first out) engine. Yes, two piece engine companies were very common years ago in the Washington area. I believe Fairfax also used the same designation Wagon and Pumper but dropped it. Today, all COG (Council of Governments)[in the Wahington D.C. region ]departments now use standard number and vehicle id terminology.I have not listened to Loundon Co. fire for a while. They should be using
ENGINE 605.Those in Va., please correct me if I'm wrong.Also, it would be great if Code 3 would make Hamilton's "C" model Ford. That was a sharp lQQking engine. http://www.hamiltonfire.org/History/tabid/90/Default.aspx

Jeff M82, several of the career stations in Baltimore Co. operate 2 seperate engine companies out of one station, as do most of the volunteer companies in Baltimore Co. So at the Essex station, Engine 7 and 71 operate as individual engine companies, not as an Engine and Wagon concept. The single engine responses are rotated between the engines in the career double houses. Engines 1 & 101 (Towson), 4 & 41 (Catonsville)and 6 & 61 (Dundalk) are the same, individual companies.

D.C. used to run two piece engine companies, but over the years that has been eliminated to save money.

Thanks for the info.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)