Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Cedar Hill Quint 212

Another sharp-looking rig from Code 3, but if it's a true quint, why doesn't it have a hose bed? An aerial, a certain amount of ground ladders and some preconnects do not make it a true quint! There should also be a hose bed, but there isn't one. Truelly the truck should be "Ladder 212" and not "Quint 212." Yes, I realize it's the same mould as Allentown Ladder 11, but I would think that the chief of Cedar Hill would want his prototype modeled correctly.

No, this is not a "nit-pick Code 3" session, just that maybe a few minor modifications to the mould would've done the job. I'm sure there are other rigs similar to Cedar Hill's that Code 3 could've modeled and got their money's worth.

Re: Code 3 Cedar Hill Quint 212

Actually, the Fort Worth Quint 9 is the same way - no hose bed.

There are quite a few "Quints" (the 1:1 scale variety) that are not true quints in that they either don't have booster tanks or do not have a hose bed for supply lines. My PCFD has two true quints that have 500 gallon booster tanks and carry 1200 feet of 5" supply hose plus ground ladders.

I'm just wondering if the real Quint 212 has a hose bed or not, because if they were second-due on a working fire and a supply line needed to be laid, they would, of course, be unable to do so. I realize that this is where the controversy comes into play concerning quints, whether they should perform as an engine company.

And concerning the Code 3 Allentown ladder truck, C3 designates the Allentown model as "Ladder" 11, whereas in real life it's designated as "Engine" 11.

Here are the walk-around photos of the Quint:

http://www.fireengines.net/cedarhillfd/

It does have a hose bed on the officer's side. It is covered by a DP cover.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)