Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FIRST RESPONSE DOES IT AGAIN (TOO ME)

Chuck - I know that you do not want to talk with a certain person at FR, but did you contact Diecast Direct for a replacement model or part? PS - I have received several other New ray helicopter models missing parts or damaged in transit - I do not think this is an isolated incident, just a poorly timed one as the PA model is such a limited item. Hope you can get your windshield and have a great model for display...

First I want to thank all of you for these posts. Because of them, I have stayed away from the FR models until they get them right.

Also, Chuck, where did you get the PSP helo? I need one (if they have the window).

Jeff

Did you ever think to ask for a replacement helicopter before going on a tear? The time you took to post the photos could have better been used to resolve the problem, not complain about it which is why you were kicked off the other boards. I got two of the helicopters and they were fine. I buy alot of diecast from several different companies and there is the occassional missing piece. No matter who made it or who I bought it from they always take care of me.

If I recall,the guy that runs First Response has gone to great lengths to remedy the problems and the cars you have sound like they were from that first batch they had problems with. I had a problem and they took great care of me and were very nice about it. My dealer tells me he's seen all six production versions of the next Chargers and there're exceptional with all the problems including doors solved.

You just keep going over your same old song. It's all in how you ask and approach things. A poor attitude gets you nothing.

Fro Jeff webster

Jeff Webster, I think Chuck got his as a gift, the model either purchased from Walt Conroy or the PA state troopers directly. Too bad this was not a regular FR issue, looks like a nice model (even nicer with a windshield!). JEFF

Chuck,

Because the guy from FRR ttok care of a problem for me once I emailed him again and asked what to do about helicopter problems such as a missing windshield. He replied that these were made by New Ray and they'd had similiar problems with other NR helicopters not just this one version so it wasn't a FRR liMited problem.

hE made New Ray aware of the problem and has replqaced about 80 out of 7500 of the PSP helicopters because of missing or loose windshields. Dont sound like too bad average. He also said he was aware that alot of these came to customers by second parties but that they were still taking care of them no matter where or how they got them

If the helicopter still has the original package and can be returned in perfect condition other than the windshield they will send you a pickup tag which pays the return postage to Diecast Direct and they'l send you another one. If the package is damaged he has extra windshields and can fix yours and return it to you or if you're capable he'll send you another weindshield. Said he didn't care who it was they'd take of the problem just like they have for everyone that actually contacted them and asked for help. Sounds like they stand behind their stuff like they helped me. The number is 1-800-718-1866.

Can u get the PSP models at any barracks or only certain ones?

This web page should help out.

http://www.psp-hemc.org/storefront/

Thanks for all the responses. I received this item as a gift It was acquired from a PSP Trooper by another Officer, and sent to me.

Two orders and a gift, and problems every time. Individually, you should weigh the issues posted over the last several months, then make up your own minds to purchase their products.

Reference Brian's comment "...these were made by New Ray and they'd had similiar problems with other NR helicopters not just this one version so it wasn't a FRR liMited problem."

Sorta missed that part about it not being FRR but rather New Ray eh Chuck...???

Please Chuck be honest we moderated you because you were just over the limits ! You went into a huff and you never replied to my friendly message, right ?

You don't like a person in FR is a fact so why don't you give up with him or their products ?

Gearbox cars have had also quality problems.

Really no hard feelings with you Chuck, and my email address is full open
Christophe
( moderator on the US/Canadian police car forum as quoted by Chuck )

Reference motorcade1's reply..

If you look at the 3rd paragraph in Chuck's Original post,you can answer your SA question to Chuck.
He DID NOT miss the maker....Did You??

HH says ... "If you look at the 3rd paragraph in Chuck's Original post,you can answer your SA question to Chuck.
He DID NOT miss the maker....Did You??"

My my aren't we a little testy there HH....??? In answer to your juvenile response, yes SH I did see that. I just wanted to point out the obvious... Blaming one person or source for all your problems is pretty lame.

Have a nice one there HH...

motorcade1 replies... My my aren't we a little testy there HH....??? In answer to your juvenile response, yes SH I did see that. I just wanted to point out the obvious... Blaming one person or source for all your problems is pretty lame
#1) Testy??Nope,not a bit. Just likr to point out Stupidity..
#2)Juvenile response?? If YOU SAW what Chuck wrote,then why did you write "Sorta missed that part about it not being FRR but rather New Ray eh Chuck...??? " Just trying to stir the pot,Mr. ADULT??
Guess being a Richard Cranium goes wherever you post,eh??
TTFN

"Just likr to point out Stupidity" Sorry...Should be like,NOT likr..

Christophe, I think he has a right to be mad. You along with the other moderator over on the other site jumped to FR's defense when everyone know's there are serious issue's with the cars. I have never seen any cq issue's with any Gearbox car

No quality problems with "any" Gearbox car. Where do I start?? Lets see, the front end on the Crown Vic is completly wrong and out of scale, the headlamps/turn signals are nowhere near scale, the tail lights on over 50 blank Expeditions that I have purchased have sloppy white paint for back up lights, that usually turns pink when it reacts with the plastic, a tiny nub for a spot light that we all know, falls off as soon as you touch it, the totally inaccurate V-light bar with the missing center section that they never bothered to fix...and lets not forget the Mass SP Expedition...lord knows where they found that baby blue paint that was nowhere close to the Mass SP paint code. Even Gearbox admitted that piece was a bad release. Before you get in a big huff Lee, I AM NOT picking on you again. I'm simply pointing out that Gearbox cars are not flawless gems either. Nobody's cars are.

First off Gearbox cars were way better than FR cars. Who care's about the Vbar that Gearbox did. Every FR car even blanks that I purchased have been crap. Oh FR made 2 set's of wheel's but did they ever tell anyone you had to do all of this drilling and cutting just to repalce the **** tire's no!!!! $19.95 for a FR car ok right can we say RIP OFF!!!!!

Quote "Who cares about the V-bar that Gearbox did" Oh, so quality an accuracy only matter to you when it comes to FR cars??? It's OK with you if GB doesn't produce quality?? If you don't care about GB mistakes, then why do you have such a hatred for FR and their mistakes? And you call us one-sided ! I care a lot about the V-bar. Unlike some, I have actually made my own template to make a plastic piece to fill in that missing center section, because when I make customs for people, I want them to get the best that they can get. Once again Lee, just so you don't get your feelings hurt, I AM NOT PICKING ON YOU. You asked the question in your post, so I am responding to your question.

GB vs. FR

Yes, out of the fourty-some GEARBOX cars I've purchased, which were first offered in the year 2000, I did get one car with a loose taillight lens (but it was in the box). The front end wasn't exactly scale, but these models were a great improvement over the ROADCHAMP issues (first offered in the mid 90s).

Now you have to admit the FIRST RESPONSE cars had the advantage of being designed using CAD and the newest computer programs in the year 2007. True, the FR car in size was more accurate than models first produced seven to ttwelve years earlier. But in 2007 and 2008, shouldn't we have seen better QUALITY CONTROL? How many reported missing headlight or taillight lenses, missing wheels, poor paint, missing detail parts, or just shoddy workmanship? I'm not aware that those issues were associated in such numbers with either GEARBOX or ROADCHAMP.

We all know that mass-produced models will not be perfect, but in all honesty, a missing section on the Vector Lightbar, or not the most detailed Spotlight does not equate to bent door hinges, models passed with four paint touchups, missing parts, "missing whindshileds", and other MAJOR Screwups. Was the Famous Brother-in-Law, or Hellen Keller given the position of Chief Quality Control Manager at the FR manufacturing plant?

As to The PSP helo being a NEW RAY product. How come the box has the most visible script indicating that, and I quote, "PRODUCED AND DISTRIBUTED BY FIRST RESPONSE REPLICAS, INC" with their (FR's) target logo? Yes, box does say NEW RAY TOYS (CA) Inc. but the most prominent indication of who issued this product is FIRST RESPONSE. Anyone who looks at this box will assume that this is a product produced and distributed by FIRST RESPONSE REPLICAS, INC.

It was FIRST RESPONSE who had their NAME printed on each and every box, so don't blame the customer who received an inferior model for problems from this "PRODUCER and DISTRIBUTOR".

As for US & Canada site, it was my opinon that you appeared as too preferential to First Response and their corporate posts, than you were to the complaints of your members. That is the reason that I left your board. And as I had made my decision to leave, there was no reason to answer your email, or accept your kind offer to return to a board as I felt moderators were too sympathetic to a distributor.

Enough Already.

Jeff

I've been involved in a few fracases here in the past,
but, will this moderator put the K BOSH on these two??
I agree with Jeff, ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!
Ronbo

Hey There Ronbo…

Sorry, but I can’t pass up on the chance to say that I hope all went well for your in your earlier sales venture. Also to say thank you for everything you did for me. My best to you sir and I am pleased to have made your acquaintance.

Mark

I agree with Jeff & Ron. In answer to the Moderators question, this "stuff" between Brian & Lee should be deleted, not allowed. If Brian & Lee want to trade slurs, take it off the Board. We don't need crap like that.

Later responses by Brian and Lee removed by collective request.

Awwww!

This was getting almost as good as the "other" board!

Very Very Sorry to hear that Ron... Certainly she will be in our Prayers. I hope that things just "appear" worse than they actually are and that everything turns out well.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)