Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HO Police Chargers make a COMEBACK!

John - Yes, it is the same company... Masterpiece is the overseas manufacturer, Atlas is the US distributor. (Busch is the German distributor if anyone cares...). I have tried to get updates for the previously announced Police cars from Atlas / masterpiece - I will try again next week, maybe we will get an answer as to where those cars are, the Atlas website says they were due in january 2008! Their website says these new Chargers are due in October, so it seems these new Chargers may have already been in production before they announced them here in the US. If I find out more I will post it here. Jeff @ www.policecarmodels.com

These are the canceled Models 11 pieces. Masterpiece was making the Models 11 under contract. When that went away, it left Masterpiece holding the bag because the models were completed. It had 2 main options, get Atlas to carry them, because Atlas is the exclusive distributor of Masterpiece in the US or destroy them. It would appear that that we win by getting the former.

Woo Hoo for us. Jeff do you know when we can order these from you and the delivery?

Thanks
Jeff

Over on the Burbank House of Hobbies website, there are non-police Chargers shown as well, in black, dark red and silver. Very nice!

Jeff - Jeff et al...

I have the POLICE Chargers on my website for preorder already, Burbanks has them as well, and the blank street colors. The Atlas site shows October delivery for these.

I will be emailing my contact at Masterpiece to see what the hold up is on the earlier Police car announcements as well.

Jeff @ www.policecarmodels.com

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)