Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FM a/32 American Lafrance Ladder

http://mintmodels.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5928

just saw it fyi

Re: FM a/32 American Lafrance Ladder

Nice looking piece, but a little out of my price range for the time being....

That's nice....They chop the top,add a 2-Tone paint job and are charging $200.00 more than the original...

Sorry senior moment I looked at wrong model thought it was the closed cab.

I'm hoping that someday a guy named Tom Eve might be offering a 1/50th version of an ALF Open Cab straight-frame aerial, which he will have kitbashed with his usual talent and flair.

Checked Franklin Mint site with negative results.

http://www.franklinmint.com/subcategory.aspx?sid=2&category_id=245

One has to wonder where this came from...

May be an Exclusive......"Authorized by Fireman's Hall® Museum, in association with American La France"

Good point "hh"... I didn't think of that.

I do like the open cab and two tone paint job on this. On the other hand, I don't like it enough to pay twice the price of the original closed cab. It does however make me consider finding a closed cab later on and doing a chop job and "repaint" (oh gawd there's that word again ) for myself.

It does state that this is a pre release model, and you will not have to pay untill it comes in stock.
FM will not normaly show items on their site if the item is not released yet.
Most of FM's fire related issues seem to be Authorized by Fireman's Hall® Museum.

& .... it appears they haven't correct the incorrect turntable, & haven't gotten rid of the toy hose reel. Twice the price & the same errors?... No thank you.

Lets not forget the all white Code 3 release..... at the collectors club price !!! $ 395.00 major bucks for this item !

If you scroll through the site, they show an E-One HP ladder. Anyone seen/bought this model ? Looks nice but what's with the big door hinges......

This item is in the Winter/Christmas Catalog...

If anyone is interested it's available at franklinmint.com website at 48% off along with free shipping.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)