Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USDA OSHKOSH TWIN STEER HAULER

USDA Oshkosh Twin Steer Hauler converted from a Code 3 Oahkosh ARFF, parts of five DCP frames, a Norscot crane, and junk from the parts box. Model painted Kiwi Green for USDA. Model has working dual steering, working crane, and adjustible stabilizers. Entire 1/64th scale model including DJM 80 Ton Lowboy is 29 inches long. Attached is link to Photobucket build sequence.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/USDA OSHKOSH TWIN STEER HAULER/

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: USDA OSHKOSH TWIN STEER HAULER

I wish you could see this private firm out of Marysville Ca. They have a rig in blue similar to the Oshkosh.

Tim, if you can post a link to some photos, or if they have a website, I'd appreciate it. I'm always looking for a new brush rig to build. Chuck

Chuck the company is North Tree Fire and their web
site is www.northtreefire.com. Have seen several of their units and all are blue in color.

Thanks for stepping in. Could not remember the company name

USDA OSHKOSH TWIN STEER HAULER

Thanks for posting the link. I've seen that blue HEMTT(?) tanker before, but not the convertional tanker or the brush rigs. If I could locate a Code 3 resin HEMTT, and talk someone into making the decals, it would indeed make a great model.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)