Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Matchbox Pierce picture is up

Go to the Matchbox Collector's Community Hall website. Go to the Forums. Click on "Everything Matchbox." Then click on "New Matchbox trucks PICS."

Shown is a yellow tandem axle ladder truck in 1/64 scale, according to the article in the page from "Model Collector" which is shown with the ladder truck and the other vehicles in the lineup. The ladder truck looks like the small scale Matchbox and not 1/64 scale.

According to the article in 'Model Collector', the ladder truck is due out in the U.S. on or before December 1st.

The truck somewhat resembles a Pierce but with the small picture it's hard to see all of the details.

Check it out and see what you think.

Re: New Matchbox Pierce picture is up

The pic:

Looks like a Quantum!

I thought it resembled a Quantum, too, but I just figured with it being a somewhat grainy picture it was hard to really tell.

The article makes it sound like the models shown are all 1/64 scale, but to me they look more like the traditional small scale Matchbox vehicles.

On this years matchbox Poster it actually Shows a White over Red Pierce Dash Pumper.

The photo shows the larger range of trucks coming out soon. These are a bit larger than the regular line. But I do not expect them to be true 1/64. The sizes given just don't match. I am hoping it is closer to 1/87. Remember a $5 price point so you won't be disappointed when they show up and are toys.

The regular line Pierce should be an Arrow or Dash. It is expected in the next month or 2 and will be marked for the El Segundo fire department. To date no photos have been shown of that one.

Jeff

It's shown on the Matchbox Poster with a Top Mount Pump!

I realize these won't be Athearn quality, but I'm still looking forward to seeing/buying them.

The International 4900 pumpers were pretty respectable, so I expect the Pierce's will be similar, as far as looks/quality, etc.

The key word is "roughly" 1:64th scale...

I heard today that the Pierce Pumper had been found at Target Stores! The Hunt has started

I'd like to see a picture of it.

There are plenty of Target stores in the area that I live in.

There posted on Fire Engines .net Forums.
I don't know how to post on this site?

the MB Pierce is due to be released in Batch L, which hits Nov.1 they usually dont get out too many days before then. the first version is in Batch L, the second is due in Batch C of 2009, which hits Feb. 1

Batch K from Oct. 1 still has not shown up in north Jersey. I still need 2 from Batch J! google MCCH and go to the Matchbox collectors site, then go to everything matchbox for all the details.

The only thing I keep seeing of the Matchbox Pierce Dash pumper is the drawing of it, what will appear, I'm guessing, on the package. It's the same image I've seen of it for the past several months. I don't think we'll see the actual model until it's released.

There is a photo of the new Pierce Engine posted over on the main matchbox forum in the topic on Batch "L". It looks great and looks like it might be pretty close to 1/87 too.

Not bad at all!

Thanks for the heads up! I know where I'll be going today!!!

Went to Target, Wal-Mart and TRU and did not see it (here in the St. Louis area).

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)