Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First Response

I just received my shipment from FRR. I do not collect any more and usually glance really quickly when packing up a customers order to make sure there are no loose parts floating around, so I guess I can not speak to these problems - hopefully they are isolated and your dealer will replace the cars for you.

I can say that I received almost 400 cars on this batch, the cracked case lids are common. This round of cars are wrapped in tissue around the display case and sleeve, something new for FRR. I opened a Boca Raton when they arrived and the first case lid was cracked, so for I removed the tissue from ALL of my shipment and checked each case lid. These cars are shipped 8 per inner and 24 in a master case, the Chinese cardboard is really thin, so if you look at them the wrong way the case lids do crack. despite having this issue with my case lids, NONE of the cars were damaged. FRR is aware of this issue and I am sure if you contact them or your dealer they can get new case lids for you. A for the quality issues you mention, again I hope they are isolated.

Please be aware that posting "unkind" observations concerning this manufacturer on some of the other boards may result in banning.

Your not allowed to say anything bad about First Response!!!!

Get a life Lee! Why don't you tell the truth about yourself, or is it that you just can't grasp the concept? Your being banned had nothing to do with "First Response". It was your continued personal attacks directed on the forums. Something that isn't tolerated on that forum. It was provided at no cost to you...I'm sure you didn't donate one cent to keep that forum going. Why don't you tell everybody here how you were given chance after chance to be a part of that forum, but YOU chose to keep your flaming going. Maybe forum rules and guidelines mean nothing to you, that's obvious, but for the people that pay for the forum, it is their job to maintain it. Maybe you can just go start your own...you're such an expet on the topics at hand. Or why don't you tell everybody here about the hundreds of hate e-mails that you send out to everybody. When are you ever going to wake up and realize that you getting kicked off of forum after forum has nothing to do with "First Response" cars? Walk away from the computer and go look in the mirror! I've had some good FR cars and I've received some crap FR cars, which I sent back. But I don't whine about it on a daily and weekly basis like you continue to do. Move on man...it must take a lot of work to obsess about it as much as you do.

Troy, let's talk. I pointed out that Diecast Direct was useing picture's that wasn't there's and that Diecast Direct was then copyrighting said picture's as there's. Funny right after that I was bannrd for pointing it out. Surpriseing that another collector Rescue 42 said the samething before I did. Troy you problem is your just a ass kisser for Dennis Deal!!! Your the one who need's to get a life. There are alot of other collector's who feel the same way. I would like to know what personal attack's that I made on Fireengines.net??? My post's are still up!!!

Your response alone has proven my point. Thank you. What you call "ass kissing" I call being an "adult". I can resolve problems without foul language, threats, lies, and harrassment. Obviously you missed out on that lesson in life. I feel sorry for you that so much of your life is spent on such trival ideas. You're really missing out my friend. Once again..thank you for showing your true colors. It helps the rest of us.

Troy, one last thing funny that when I was kicked off of the boards it was after I had critized First Response!!!! What is why another collector left that board as both of us have disscused this!!! It is just like the other collector posted on here a few hours ago. It is not a lie but a fact!!! If you say anything bad about Dennis Deal or First Response that you are banned!!! How much does he pay for all of the ass kissing!!!! And for your information I am already in the process of starting a new board. At least collector's won't be treated like **** and better yet the board NAZI's won't be able to stop people from saying something about First Response!

Your problem Troy is you can't handle the truth!!!

OK...Good Luck. Are you going to have a section on your forum where you ask other people to tell you how to drill holes, or mount a light bar, or build a spot light, or apply decals...or did you just do that on the other forum for fun? If I don't know anything, how come you asked me "how did you make that"? after seeing pictures of every car I posted?

Once again...good luck. I can't wait to see your new, awesome website. I just hope it wont end up like all of your other ideas, that none of us have ever seen.

what ever Troy get a life. And for your information I have new decal light's coming out in 2 weeks

Girls,get a room....We just went through this a couple of months back with youse guys...

http://pub14.bravenet.com/forum/1136930767/show/641414

Legeros

IP: 66.57.49.122

Aug 31st, 2008 - 9:35 AM Re: FIRST RESPONSE DOES IT AGAIN (TOO ME)

Later responses by Brian and Lee removed by collective request

72.7% "Do the Math"

Not to rain on anyones parade, but the last three silver FR Crown Vics that I received had perfect paint jobs. However, each model had one or two problems that should have been caught by quality control. These included front licence plate brackets either crooked or 0.25 inch to one side, a broken right front steering arm, another with one poorly formed stock wheel, and like my origonal batch, one had a totally bent door arm. But as with the others, I was able to fix these QA issues (but some collectors can't).

I can guess some problems occured when the model was screwed to the base by Chinese Olympic Weightlifters. But obvious malformed wheels, and a door that was visibly not closeable even seen through the clear case (before tissue), should have been caught by even a blind inspector.

As for their quality control, all I can say is out of the nine silver CVs I've purchased and a FHP, seven have had problems. Not exactly a sterling record.

As for some model boards appearing to stick it to Mr. Woods for his comments about First Response. He may have crossed the line at times due to frustration with certain products (who wouldn't be annoyed after spending hard earned money?). But you have to admit, some board moderators really appear to be in the back pocket of certain manufacturers in the way they seem to always take the side of the companies. If it wasn't for Mr. Woods, and some other individuals complaining, quality of certain manufacturers probably would not have improved, although I still continue to receive some unacceptable CVs (non and tissue wrapped), and a PA helo without a windshield.

Quality Control History:

CVs. 6x Silver, and 1x FHP (with problems)
3x no problems
Helo: 1x with no windshield

That's 72.7% of their models I purchased that arrived with problems. Not the best record I would imagine.

Chuck

PS: Hate Me if you wish.

Chuck,

That's all my intent was I started the link--to see if I'm just critical or if others are having problems. For me it's the front ends on all 3 CVs that are killing me. I can litterally jiggle the front tires in the well like a loose tooth. The axel isn't tight enough to keep the wheels straight and even if it was, the wheel don't turn anyway. And the off center push bumpers and crooked plates due to the location of the mounting is also killing me.

Was glad to hear about the case covers being damaged. Mine arrived wraped in the tissue in a box so well packed it could have survived an atomic blast. Guess that wasn't the case when they arrived from China to the vendor.

In any event, it's probably not worth the hassel to return cars with the hope of getting perfect replacements. According to your stats, there's a 3 out of 4 chance I won't end up better off. So, I'll likely keep these cars and eat the $60. On the shelf, bolted down to the base they look good. BUT I am critical to detail and the flaws that these cars have just won't give them a front shelf seat ;)

Any tips on how to fix the issues I'm having with the front tires?? (tighetening the axels, getting wheels to spin?, etc?).

Again, I think it's a matter of the cars may be too detailed for their own good with all the parts, features and accessories. When you have all this, getting 100% QC is a challenge. I commend FR for making a valiant effort to try to give us what we wanted. Their heart is in the right place.

If you build CRASH Dioramas,some of the damage normally sustained is "Built-In" from the factory.
All joking aside,I know your feelings..A "75%" mistake pattern is just a bit much.
BUT,if that "Other" company gets by being CLOSE Enough, why not the rest??

For me the issue with the "other" company was detail and accuracy. FR nailed that down (IMHO). Only once (out of 150 models) did I ever get one of their's damaged and that was only b/c it came loose from the base and bounced around the dome.

As a consumer, I can pi-- and moan, but having had an issue with the first Charger I bought and now the issues with these 3 cars. I'm done. I'll chalk the $60 up to a lesson learned.

Down the line, I'm sure one of the posters will send out a "how to" in terms of fixing flaws. Although, I won't lie. I don't think this flaws are repairable on my cars

The tight wheel problem that Chuck mentioned is pretty much across the board for the Crown Vic's. Almost all of mine (and I've purchased close to 100 now) have been like that. Maybe it's the angry toy workers trying to stick it to us? I always loosen mine a bit to let the wheels come back to life. Quality (from the factory) has been an uphill battle for this line. It's hard to expect a worker to care about producing a perfect car worth $20.00 when they are only being paid 20 cents a day. I have sent back cars that were beyond fixing, and they have been replaced. I don't mind fixing little flaws. I pull the antennas off and put my own on, I tighten the loose screws and adjust the doors, but that's me. I like working on these cars, and I have the skills to do so.
I can truly understand though why people who buy them to "collect" would be upset with what they get. I also apoligize for taking this thred down by commenting to Lee. I should have known better, and it's worth it.
My next shipment of new cars is due to arrive tomorrow so we'll see how they look.

To repair plate, I broke them loose, and re-glued them to a center position with Krystal Klear.

Doors are sort of simple to repair. Dismantle model, and rebend door hinge (its easier if you have a second car to check arm angle).

For bad stock wheel, I just cut them off, and repl;ace with a black wheel with moon hub. You should first slightly ream out axle hole, apply a drop of ZAP Green Bottle CA, then slide wheel over pin. Turn wheel by hand for several seconds until glue holds so wheel doesn't stick to front axle/brake.

As for broken steering arm, I made saw slot, inserted a thin steel wire, glued it along side of plastic arm, and painted it black.

Not the toughest repairs, but as you say, three out of four is not my idea of Quality Control.

I'm just tired of receiving trash. Hey, I was seriously thinking of filing a complaint letter with Tony at Waste Management, as maybe the Jersey Mafia would put pressure on FR about encroaching into their junk business monopoly. LOL

I ment "not worth it" of course.

John..try to loosen the front mounting screw, actually both of them. Then only slightly tighten each of them. Another tip I discovered, and this is really only for folks who do "custom" work with these cars...Loosen the front chassis screw a bit. I've found that some of them are really tight in there, which causes the front wheels to be so far up in the wheel well. That, along with the mounting screw being so tight, causes the front end to drop down and look wrong. You can always send to me, and I can try to fix them up for you...I love working on them. Of course, I can't fix the cracked display case

Hello,

I waited until more was written here before responding. John, you failed to mention that we communicated about your recent order and satisfactory replacements are on the way. The product was supported and you indicated satisfaction with the resolution.

Secondly, everyone is absolutely correct about the cracked display case lids. In spite of my best efforts and exacting packaging requirements, the Chinese did what they so often do, the pulled a bait and switch. The inner packs were specified to hold six cars flat seperated by dividers which adds rigidity.They packed as eights, four on top of another four which created compression thus, broken lids.

Additionally, the type of cardboard specified wasn't used. Each individual car was to have been wrapped in clear plastic so it could be more easily checked. However considering that many cars are shipped out to dealers in unopened case lots it's not possible to check everything individually. We have extra lids and will ship them free of charge to anyone requesting replacements.

We sell product from dozens of different vendors and none of them do this. Welly for example has more broken lids than not and they won't even provide replacements to us.

Believe me, the vendor is already well aware of the cracked lids and crooked push bumpers. Apparently,one of the two jigs that hold cars for the drilling of holes was slightly off. QC problem, absolutely but it's being addressed.Plus, it's very easily fixed, you shouldn't have to but, it's not the end of the world.

Given the thousands of cars sold and overall positive customer feedback the reality is that the vast majority of customers like the product. I think some may be a little more critical than others and may have higher expectations and that's fine.

But,the vast majority of complaints come from a very few,limited individuals who are more concerned with personal issues and unfounded assumptions about what I'm doing than the actual product. None of us want to hear it, the focus should be on the product which is all I will speak to.

My only purpose for presenting this information here is to acknowledge my awareness of the issues and offer that efforts directed to improvement are continual.

And just to be real clear, while I'm aware of comments made on the forums, my efforts to correct things were not because of anyone on these forums raising issues. So don't anyone delude themselves into thinking that it took someone outside of myself to recognize and and work on problem solving.

I do listen and am always concerned about vaild, factual comments such as John has communicated here and to me personally. Doing these cars with all the extra parts has been problematic but, I'm not turning my back on continuing improvement. I happen to like what I do and have very,very broad shoulders therefore won't let a few snipes from the complaint crowd affect me.

That said, it is understandable if someone choses not to purchase our product. I don't have alot of time to sit on the forums and chat back and forth but did want to address the product issues presented here.I am not looking for arguements nor will I engage in them.

Regards,
Dennis Deal

Thank you Chuck, Out of all of the car's I have gotten I can say 8 were ok and those wre blanks. A prime example of what I have been saying. When I said something about the FHP having a front tag that was the same as the rear. I was berated and bashed because of it. FHP has never had the same rear tag on the front of the car it has alway's been different. Now they may have had the 2 plate system but I have never seen it. I have gotten car's as soon as you open the front door and then close it they will just fall right back open.

Dennis,

My apologies. You did indeed converse with me and sent me a replacement Charger when I had issues with the car. Admittedly the replacement car was perfect and why I opted to purchase Crown Vics.

Based on the advice in this post I will try to correct the issues with the steering, etc.

The vendor and I have been in touch and he is shipping out replacement covers to me.

All in all, I can't say a negative thing about the level of customer service from Dennis or the vendor.

Please note that this is in no way an attack on the product line. I think you have a fine product here. Nobody can be on an assembly line overseas personally inspecting each piece as it comes off the line. What may be lost by QC is clearly made up for with customer service.

Thanks again for all the advice. Troy, I may take you up on sending the cars to "your shop" for repair.

I'll let you know.

John A.

Billions & Billions

Lee, I've been working here for an old dogs age (no offense to my ex Mother-in-Law). I can look out my window (not really, as we park our vehicles in a five tier garage, and I don't have Superman's X-ray vision) and say for certain the front and rear plates are different. As a matter of fact, front vanity plates supplied free of charge to the taxpayers by 3M are now in their second generation.

PS: If only a handful of cars out of billions and billions have minor QA issues, how come I have seven (six which I would call major: poor paint and obvious hand brush repair on a FHP, bent door arms on four silver CVs [two orders five months apart], and no winshield on a helo) issues out of eleven items?

It is funny how some people want to pick on Lee. I have dealt with him alot and he has been an outstanding person to deal with. I don't blame him for being upset about the FR car's. If I had bought alot of them and had problem's with them I would be mad as well. But some of these board's who have banned him for speaking up they in my opinion have gone to far. As for Troy you seem to have the biggest problem with Lee from what I have seen you bash him at every single turn. Have you ever spoke to him off the board or have you tried to settle it like adult's?

Doug is Lee Woods or his wife.

Same server, he has done this before using different ISP, but same server!

Same server yeah ok what ever look at the ip address. Get a life loser!!!! Funny my wife has been in the hospital for surgery. Get a life loser

Since you know everything let's see here is my ip address and here is here's ok. I am the same person get a life loser!!!!!! Get your fact's straight before you open your mouth!!!

City WINTER SPRINGS
State or Region FLORIDA
Country UNITED STATES
ISP ROAD RUNNER HOLDCO LLC.

Doug who posted his response
City MELBOURNE
State or Region FLORIDA
Country UNITED STATES
ISP BELLSOUTH.NET INC.

But we know who you are don't we Mark B.

IP Address 210.215.140.133
City CANBERRA
State or Region AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Country AUSTRALIA
ISP NEXONASIAPACIFIC.

Enough is more than enough. Take your differences of list, PLEASE....

And people wonder why I say what I say about First Response. I just got both of these in the mail look at the lightbar sloppy paint job and the other with the missing right spotlight. Very poor QC.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w319/10-8Customs/DSC05511.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w319/10-8Customs/DSC05512.jpg

No offense Lee... but really, if your not satisfied with the product, or the service you receive or don't receive, then just stop buying them.

That is what I did with Code3. I have not bought a Code3 product from them since the problems I had with the Philly Squrt. They simply dealt with it by totally ignoring any and all attempts to contact them by me or anyone else. In essence, they just ignored the problem.

It takes an Act of Congress to get any communication with Code3, and even that doesn't work!!! At least Dennis provides replacement cars-n-parts, openly acknowledges that there are problems, and communicates what he plans to do to correct them... (unlike a certain person from Code3 who simply writes in rhyme and chooses to ignore all correspondences but those from his "chosen few").

And I have contacted Dennis about missing part's or problem's with cars and instead of getting a helpful response he has berated me when ever he can. That is why we both have such a problem. Now if he was willing to send me the replacement part ok but he won't. It is like Chuck posted about his car's 72.5 percent well I have 100% car's and problem's with both.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)