Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pierce Models

I was just looking at the Pierce site. Have they eliminated the Lance, Enforcer and Dash models? If so is the new velocity the intended replacement?

Jeff

Re: Pierce Models

At the International Fire Buffs Convention this past summer, I had a long conversation with Racine, Wisconsin's Fire Chief Steve Hansen, who was also Convention Chair, and is co-editor of the Visiting Fireman publiccation.

Racine is an on-going Pierce customer, now with three Quantum Engines. He said that Pierce WAS eliminating several designs because their configurations would not readily accept power plant dimensions to meet the environmmental standards.

What it seemed to mean was that the Quantum and Velocity/Impel layouts would be the new Pierce standard, but there would still be one or two of the "traditional" Pierce designs available, in the Arrow XT and maybe one other.

Soooo...the shorter answer would seem to be yes...those particular cab/chassis designs are likely being phased out.

So NOW we need an 87th scale Velocity....right???

Current Pierce Line up

Quantum
Velocity
Impel
Arrow XT
Contender(saber)

Their will be another custom chassis
announced soon (a cross between the Quantum & Velocity)

Interesting to hear that Pierce is coming out with a new custom chasis. Not sure how it'll look, combining a Quantum and a Velocity, but it should be interesting. A Velociquant? Quanticity?

From an apparatus buff's standpoint, I'm not a big fan of the Velocity, with it having round headlights and the "bug antenna" mirrors, but put California-style mirrors and rectangular headlights on these and it makes it look a whole lot better, IMHO.

Pierce is not one to rest on its laurels, that's for sure.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)