Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Amsterdam hobby shops

Ken

if you can change date to Thursday around 12.30 pm, i can bring you from amsterdam to modelplaza

Hans - Thanks for the offer, it would be nice to meet you. I am unable to change to Thursday as my business meetings are Wednesday and Thursday all day. I arrive early Tuesday and I am going to try and take the train up to Purmerend and find the Modelplaza warehouse. I see there is a train station fairly close to the store. Hopefully it is not pouring down rain as I will probably walk to it.

Hans - found the shop no problem. Took the train and then had a nice walk, in and out of rain, for about a mile to the shop. What a place! Anykind of model you can think of. Spent too much money and could have spent alot more. Wish we still had hobby shops like this in the US.

Ken

good to hear you found paradise.

save trip home, and when you are back, please inform me about interesting hobby related possibilities in Seatlle. Will be there from dec 14-dec 17

Hans

Had a fine flight home. Realy enjoyed the trip and hope to return in the not to distant future.

As for Seattle are hobby shops. I have to say that over the past years there has been a decline of hobby shops that carry diecast. It is hard to find a shop that has any fire related items anymore. The one store that I have visited in the past that had somewhat of a selection was a shop called Magic Mouse Toys in Seattle. The address and shop hours are below. I have not been there in a couple of years so not sure what they currently stock. Outside of that one I could not recommend any other stores.

603 1ST Ave
Seattle, WA 98104-2209
Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-6pm

Hope you have a good trip and visit.

Ken

Hans,

Can you give me directions by train to that store? I'll be in Amsterdam in April.

Thanks!!

Mike

Mike - send me your email address and I can send you a quick map. It's easy to find. I left the central Amsderdam train station and took the train to Purmerend. The stop in Purmerend you want is the "Overwhere" stop. I beleive it is the 2nd Purmerend stop. It's about a mile walk from there. You go to the end of the train platform and go right on Churchilllaan, the street at the end of the platform. Go to the next major street, Van IJsendijstraat and take a right. Follow that, you will cross a small canal/river, keeping going till you come to Cantekoogeeg as you enter the "De Koog" industrial area. Take a left and go to the next street to the right, Nijverheidweg, and take the right. Shop is on the left less than a block down up stairs. There is a big sign out front.

The train ride takes about 30 minutes.

Very nice shop - well worth the trip out and back.

The web site is www.modelplaza.nl

Send me an email at ken@kenstrucks.com if you want the little map I used.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)