Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
corgi 2009

starting feb 1 2009 the following Corgi fire are coming

E-ONE 75' AERIAL LADDER -
LAMAR FIRE DEPARTMENT, LAMAR COLORADO

1990'S E-ONE SIDEMOUNT PUMPER -
HOWLETT HILL FIRE DEPARTMENT, SYRACUSE, NEW YORK

Peter Pirsch & Sons Closed Cab Sedan - Metropolitan Fire Department, Sarasota, Florida

Pirsach Canopy Cab Pumper - Milwaukee City Fire Department, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Peter Pirsch & Sons Open Cab Pumper- Waukesha Fire Department,
Waukesha,Wisconsin

Re: corgi 2009

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyone know the reason for why Hornby/Corgi put these models off for almost a year? It was rumored that there was a shift to a different factory. I don't know how true that was.

Use your words. Pete.

Hi Matt, long time no see, how you doing?

Hi Holland...

Thanks for posting these pictures...

When I first saw them earlier, I wondered if the factories (where these were going to be finally produced) had changed, also...

If you take a look at the warning equipment (lights, sirens, etc.) they are way different than what we've actually seen on Corgi models that have already been produced...case in point...the Mars Figure 8 Light points 'upward'...while the Mars Lights that we've seen on earlier Corgi and National Motor Museum Mint pieces have been 100% accurate and 'right on'...

Sure, the pictures you posted are of pre-production samples, but I guess we'll have to wait to judge the quality when they finally make it to this side of the water...

Again, thanks for posting the pictures...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

How about the Lawrence,Ma. Mack CF we have been promised for the last 4 Years?

Without being negative, Corgi still lacks detail..for the price.I do give them credit for the oldies and the E-1s.

Steve, I have to say though that the last Corgi Pirsch was one of the best efforts ever I have seen from Corgi.

Hi, Pete. I'm doing well, thank you. When are you coming back?

Rescue131: You are right. The Pirch is the exception. A couple of the E-1 s lQQk good also. I wish they would do something with the hose load on the E-1 s.

Personally, I like their "newer" classic rigs, but still don't like the E-Ones. The cabs are fine, but the rear bodies are far too toy like for me.(both in form & function...or lack there of...as in the jacks on the aerials not being positionable) It would be nice to see them "upgrade" the old ALF 1000 series rigs to modern standards.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)