Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don't buy these decals !

Info from the Poliskar website. I know from experience that the decals offered are poor quality "knock-off's"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello Everyone:
I hope you are all keeping well. I am sending you guys a very unfortunate and disturbing message. I have just discovered that Max Caulfied (Witsecmax) of Govcars has been photocopying my original artwork and selling them on Ebay. After suspicion over the last six months of the never-ending supply of Bilbozo Decals he had been selling on Ebay. I have discovered he is counterfeiting my art by simply photocopying on a copier. (Max was a large buyer of my decals and has a lot of my designs). I had received some complaints from some clients of mine about the quality of the decals that were assumed to be Bilbozo Decals. When I asked the customers to send me the samples of the decals so that I could examine them, I discovered the decals had been reproduced.
To my other decal making friends, Chris (DSO109) and James (Canadianpolicecars.com), please check his inventory, as I am sure he is also using decals from other decal-makers, some could be yours as well.
How can you tell a fake from Genuine Bilbozo Decals? ... Bilbozo Decals are quality, color correct, glossy, crisp and clean ands always on white backing paper.

The fake Bilbozo decal designs below being sold by Max Caulfield (Witesecmax) of Govcars are: -
- Photocopied from Bilbozo Decal artwork
- In many instances, on blue backing paper instead of white. (we have encountered some on white
decal paper as well)
- Are inferior quality (have a blurry or off register look especially on small text).
- Are not glossy in appearance and lack detail since these are second generation reproductions.)
- Have a high dot gain, spotty and screened blotchy appearance.
- Color appears darker or too much saturation and contrast from original colors.

Real Bilbozo Decals designs are available only direct from myself or any of the following authorized distrubutors, www.policecarmodels.com or www.conroyscruisers.com and ClassicHobby.net

If you feel you have received fake Bilbozo Designs from Witsecmax on Ebay. Contact Mr. Caulfied and demand a refund !

Since many of my friends here are in Law Enforcement, if you have information that will assist me please contact me at bill.smith@shaw.ca or bill@eyemean.com Thank you very much for your help and have a great Thanksgiving"

Re: Don't buy these decals !

Additional info...

"Thanks for the tip Chris. Wow, a lot of people emailing me about this. I guess I didn't know how very widespread his dealing were. We must be talking thousands of dollars made by copying our decals. I went to his listings and Ebay store and found almost a third of my inventory (over 45 different sets) he is counterfeiting. I actually did do some custom exclusives with him over the past year, but I have now informed him that the licensing agreement is now null and void. He was a bit shady from the start, and noticed he is a compulsive liar. When I confronted him about this matter he told me he was buying up all the Bilbozo Decal from everybody, distributors, private seller and reselling it. He still to this day denies the accusation, even though I have physical proof.

When I asked him to cease and desist, he basically told me there is nothing I can do since I live in Canada and he in the US. He has removed my name from the decals he is seling as not to incriminate himself, but still sells them as we speak, as well as some DSO109 decals, James from CanadianPoliceCarss is checking out if Max is counterfeiting any of his as well.

What a skunk this Max guy is... He's a Private Investigator in Florida who actually works with LEO's every day. I'm going to talk to Ebay and state my case. Thanks everyone...just shows how supportive the people are in this great hobby. Keep spreading the word about this sheister.

Bill Smith ( Bilbozo Decals )"

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)