Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 shipping and handling charges ....

Fortunately is choose to become clubmember for 2008, 50% off the shipping costs this year only

I can't agree with you Jeff for the same price of $40.00 many other dealers are able to send me at least 3 Code 3 models !!!

And if you want to order 2 models via Code 3, it will cost you...$80.00...a real RIPP OFF !!!

David, Belgium

David,

You don't have to agree with me. But I just checked the US postal site and a flat rate box with a 2 pound package is $37 online value. UPS is well over $80 for the same package. This is for a shipment going from Los Angeles to Antwerp. Rates have gone up considerably in the past year as I stated above. I know I send documents and packages all over the world on a regular basis.

I would recommend going to the smaller dealers. One of the reasons I stopped being a dealer was I refused to compete with the parent company. Code 3 would be much healthier if they went exclusively via smaller dealers. But then they would have to change their ways to another method of sales and marketing.

Old Horse been beated sufficiently. I am done with that rant.

Jeff

I have lost track of the amount of times I have posted this.
When I ordered the two CFR's, I contacted code 3 about the high charge, and they emailed back, and said my order has been rectified, and it had, when they arrived here in the Uk, the shipping for both trucks was $25.90.
It seems they can rectify it on your order, so why dont you try what I've dome.
If you get no joy, hit the button that says "cancel order"
But you have to try it, coming on these boards moaning about it wont get it sorted.
Chances are no-one is going to fix it on the website.
They cant use USPS, they dont offer the bulk postage rates that some of the others do.
Over here in the UK, my local model store pays £3.98 GBP to post anywhere in the UK, no matter what size, one truck, 3 trucks, a SPS set, dont matter, one price.
Thats the similar deal C3 has with fedex.
It still dont explain why the web still shows the high price for export though.

In case no one has noticed, shipping costs for everything have gone up and at a minimum are unstable due to fuel costs etc. As a company, you can only absorb so much and you have to pass the rest on.

Just the way it is folks.

NO, $80.00 isn't a realistic price to ship 2 Code3 models overseas !!! For this same price, I can receive...8 models from Past Time Hobbies !!!

David, Belgium

Thanks for the response gentlemen.

I guess we all know costs have gone up but inflation from 12.95 to 39.95?!?!!

Also, oil has gone DOWN in cost of late. Petrol (gas) used to be £1.25+ a litre it's now around 95p which is a big reduction.

Bottom line we are now heading it would appear for a world recession. Collectibles are a luxury item in many peoples eyes and will especially be the first sacrifice if the cost is too high.

My last take on the subject. Thanks again.

For some reason the wonderful folks at Code 3 are still sending stuff to me free (when they actually have something worth buying)

Last time a friend sent me a parcel with 2 1/43 Yat ming to Belgium it didn't cost me more than 20 usd.
The C3 shipping rates to Europe seems a little expensive.
If you have to buy 10 models you have better to catch a plane to collect in USA!!!

Patrick.

Not to beat a dead horse, but $40 dollars is absurd to ship this package. I'm not sure what you mean, but you can still ship internationally with the post office and it doe not cost 40 bucks. Again, heres the thing - companies LOVE to blame something on a "fuel surcharge" and the price of oil. So when the price of fuel and oil go down to 5 year lows, why don't the prices of models go down to 5 year lows? Because they reason the price went up had nothing to do with oil or gas or production...just the desire for higher profit per model

Just came today from USPS:

Express Mail International -$23.95, Priority Mail international $9.95, Global Express Guaranteed $29.95. So, I can get something in 6-10 business days internationally for $9.95. YEAH thats close to 40 bucks.

Code 3 does not use USPS to ship internationaly.

That's Code3's fault then.

I still only got charged $25.90 to have 2 CFR's sent to me in the UK by code 3 last month, so I dont care either way.
I contacted them, they sorted it.

Well C3's computer systems finally caught up and the free ride is over. To get this months model I'll need to fork out $20 for membership (although I save $10 on the model) and then another $40 for shipping so its $110 for the first model of the year.

Now can somebody explain why being a member saves me $10 on a model that is a members only piece anyway????

I certainly understand costs for transport going up with the instability and increasing costs of oil etc, so why? now that oil prices have crashed through the floor in the last month, are costs not reducing....all of these companies have their snouts in the trough and we are the ones paying for their well fed snouts.

"Now can somebody explain why being a member saves me $10 on a model that is a members only piece anyway????"

It normaly gets offered to club members first, about 2 weeks before non members can order it.
But it is not a members only piece.
If it is, the dealers wont have it listed as a pre-order.
However, a true members only piece, will still show the normal price and the members discounted price, otherwise you will still get people saying, why cant I get my $10 discount of my members piece, whats the point in being a member, etc, etc, etc.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)