Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Removing tampos from Matchbox?

I want to custom number one of the Pierce Pumpers. For those of you familiar with the truck it is lettered for E31. My plan is to remove the "31" and if the "E" comes off in the process, I'll deal with it. But it is close to the silver painted wheel well, silver door handle, AND I don't want to compromise either side of the white stripe to the left or right of the lettering.

Will the 3M blue paint masking tape work if I'm using acetone to remove the paint? With the police car, I just put some on a Q-tip and rubbed the "49" off the cruiser, but there was nothing around the area to worry about taking off.

I can't use a Q-tip this time--not enough clearance. Should I brush on acetone with a fine painting/crafting brush?

You guys are the experts so I'm putting it in your hands.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Removing tampos from Matchbox?

there is a thing called multi brush it is like a q tip but very small you can get these at the hobby shop they come in a small med and large size i get mine at als hobby shop in elmhurst illinois and they ship packages in the mail to costumers there phone number is (630)832 4908

Re: Re: Removing tampos from Matchbox?

Harry,
I believe that you are referring to a product called "Microbrushes" I have them on my workbench, and buy them by the "100" size via MicroMark. I use them all of the time, and as you stated, they come in a variety of sizes. I am planning on picking up some non-acetone nail polish remover to use them for removing tampo markings.

David

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)