Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2009 1st Qtr.

Has anyone been able to view the club member area to see what is coming out besides repaints.

Re: 2009 1st Qtr.

Nothing, other than what has already been talked about over the last few months.
There is nothing "new" in the workshop.

More Repaints,What did you expect?

OH NOOOOOOO, not more REPAINTS???? OMG what is happening here????

Nothing more than repaints will come. perhaps one new mold a year but that´s it.......

REPAINTS John must be Retarded

Where's all the new release's you have
promised us for months, Not a one

Please Stop lying and all the BS
Stop pretending that the repaints are new release

Thank god for Corgi,TWH & even Matchbox & hotwheels

CODE 3 get someone who knows something about
Fire apparatus. John is clueless

Please Bring back Orlando & Scott

It seems to me that the interest in Code-3 has really taperd off!

I am still convinced to this day that if Code 3 had listened to us and stayed away from that StarWars and movie junk they would have stayed on top of the diecast fire apparatus game. I knew the moment I saw that stuff that they would be going down hill and sure enough they did. Don't get me wrong..I like Star Wars and such but it just wasn't something Funrise should have put on Code 3.

Bob

Just a few comments - yes - I agree with one of the comments about Code3 doing the whole Star Wars and Air&Space stuff. I was one of few that said it was a bad idea...and we were right. But we were told to basically shut up by members on this board for voicing our opinions. So tell me guys, why no more Star Wars stuff? Why no more Air&Space? Oh..and the best one..MOVIE POSTERS AND GARBAGE. Whose braniac idea was that? How much money did Code3/Funrise lose on these deals?

For how many weeks in a row has JD talked about "the next quarter is really starting to take shape, the next month is really starting to take shape, the next year is really starting to take shape?" For the amount of time its been since they put something out that really awed people, yes, I'd say its waning. For those who are so quick to point out, "But Code3 sells out items, and sometimes quickly". You forget, sell out does not mean popular. On a given run of say 1500-2000, Past time hobbies may order, in advance, 500 of them, or more. It does not mean he has 500 takers. It means he's on the hook for 500, but reflects as a fast sale for Code3. There are still a few other places that buy in bulk, mark up the price, and sell them on the internet as "rare" or somehow market them on ebay and manage to make a buck. Again - it does not reflect that there are 1500 collectors who have purchased one, but a few big dealers, and maybe a couple hundred collectors.

I think the biggest flop yet, was the SuperPumperSet. I think its kind of poetic justice. All the time, other collectors, myself included, kept asking Code 3 to stop with the FDNY stuff. There were entire quarters devoted to it, and nothing else. And yes, I knew all along, FDNY, in part, subsidized making other agencies. But at one point we said enough already. All we kept hearing was to keep our opinions to ourself - that FDNY rules - that people ALWAYS buy FDNY, and will always buy FDNY, no matter what unit is made, and that it will always sell out. Well, guess what? Where did all those FDNY guys go that should have put their money where their mouth is? They bit the hand that fed them - they bailed out on Code3 faster than you can say Mitsubishi, leaving them high and dry. That represented a HUGE capital loss for Code 3.

Whatever happened to the Franklin Mint deal? Why haven't we seen anything spectacular appear out of that? It was billed as an important acquisition. NOTHING. Well, since it is nearing the end of Festivus, we can stop with the airing of the grievances. :)

I thought that the Franklin Mint deal was a partnership to co-release models, not that Code 3 aquired the FM fire models. Remember that C3 did the same with Crown Premium Models when they released the larger scale command vans.

NO NEW PRODUCT BUT REPAINTS

CODE 3 = Boley

Code 3 might as well CLOSE UP RIGHT NOW !
I wonder how many collecters code 3 lost
to making CRAP RELEASES ! TWH gets all of my money

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)