Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox Quantum

The photos of the Pierce Quantum are up here:

http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=499881#post499881

Looks good for a toy. Or at least better than the $4 Ertl Pierce Ladder I got for my son last weekend.

Jeff

Re: Matchbox Quantum

Any word on when these will hit the streets?

They are out now. Like everything else expect them to trickle into vendors over the next month or 2.

Jeff

Cool - another hunt has begun! I've found may of the Pierce pumpers lately at Walmart, Target and Fred Meyers here in the Washington State area.

Wow! The front of the Quantum actually looks like a Quantum! I was worried that attention to detail would be lacking, but from what I've seen in the pictures, it looks pretty good.

All-in-all it looks pretty decent.

Just bought one today very if not close to HO.

Is it just the angle of one or two pix I've seen, or is the plastic aerial ladder on some or all of these somewhat warped?

Also, it appears to have just a two-section ladder, instead of the three sections correct for a 75-footer, correct?

The ladder is not warped on my copy. Some 75' ladders only have two sections.

Shopping at the local WalMart this afternoon. Found one Quantum ladder & 2 more engines.

Which 75' aerial has only two sections?

Picked up the Quantum today at a Target store. Pretty nice for the price. Good pad-printed graphics. Not 1/87 but that's OK. A nice addition to the collection.

What does the packaging look like? Is it on pegs with the regular 1-75 stuff?

John,

The cards are about twice as wide as a regular car. They should be near the other MB but on their own pegs.

It is hard to miss them.

Jeff

The Target stores close to me were resetting the toy section now that Christmas is over and they were just putting out the new Real Working Rigs trucks. Actually I snooped in the piles and asked them to open the boxes that had them. The Mattel style # is Assortment N3242. They are $3.99 at Target and come two Quantums in a 10 truck assorted box. Checked the local Wal-Mart and Fred Meyers and they did not have them or have a shelf spot for them.

Ended up with 4 today. Nice for the price. Hope they release it in some other markings and colors. These are marked as "Truck 8" for the "Bernalillo County Fire Department".

Got mine today at TARGET. The cab is yellow and the body is slime (calf sh_t) green. It lQQks bad.

got some in Wal Mart in CA. Look pretty nice

Anybody interested in europe? € 5 ex shipping

email me

I also acquired one, and am dismayed to see the different colors between the metal cab and plastic body. Not impressed with the colors. Nice tooling, though! Very cool.

mjl

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)