Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FIRST RESPONSE TOYS

As I said before I have had no problems receiving no cost replacement cars from FRR for customers who received a problem car, maybe 6 so far in total. It also depends how you ask and your past history. I am by no means kissing anyones a$$, I am just as annoyed with the constant delays with this line, BUT this is NOT an FRR only problem, I have been waiting for a Minichamps car for about 4 years now - sometimes things get delayed in China - I do think FRR quality has improved, even though Lee received a car with no engine! You are never going to have 100% QC unless you go to China and make them all yourself...

You're right Jeff...It's not me. Obviously the lunatics have nothing better to do with their time. It's really a shame that they have to live their lives like that.

Troy, at least I am not kissing Dennis Deal's rear end now am I. I don't appreciate paying 20+ dollars for a car only for it to come with no engine. Oh one other thing. I don't like spending my hard earned money on FR car's only to have Dennis Deal tell dealer's he won't replace part's to cars I buy or on car's other people buy that he dosen't like. I am sure that Ford, Dodge & Chevy would love to see car's that had missing part's on them and the crappy quality of the car's sent to there licenceing department or the Kentucky AG Office to look into consumer affairs complaints about taking people's money then either refuseing to replace the item or give the replacement part that is consumer fraud. The only lunatic is you!!! You have this sycotpic love for Dennis Deal and before you want to say anything I have spoke to the Kentuck AG Office today and they have got several complaints about there crappy car's and people who can't get replacement's or replacement part's because Dennis Deal refuse's to give them the part's.

Lee - i understand you have had issues with FRR cars... why do you keep buying them then??

It is the only thing out there in 1/43 scale right now and the only 1/43 scale Charger. Believe me if I had the money to make these car's I would have done it already!

What's "sycotpic" mean?

It is supposed to be Psychotic. I typed it to fast

Moderator here. I have received a request to intervene on this thread, and address the postings by one of the participants. Show of hands, please. Is such action desired? Meta-question. Is my asking or calling attention to such requests, as now, desired? Thanks.

mjl

Without a doubt...Yes, and always, yes.

Anything I have said is nothing more than fact

Mike,

You're in a tough situation--by no fault of yourself, might I add!

I got to tell you, while I think some of the posts cross the line or at the very least push the envelope, what I love about this Board is that there is no censorship--it's the only Board I use.

If it becomes personal or threatening, then by all means delete the post, BUT sometimes by poster and subject alone you can almost always guess the content of the post--and with that said, we also have the option of not reading it.

Bottom lined, darned if you do, darned if you don't, but I like this Board the way it is. A place to speak your mind for better or worse!

Mike - I think this is one of the tamer back and forths on ATEV... I think folks should be able to speak their minds, but it does get tiresome to hear the same thing over and over. Jeff

In certain circumstances, moderation is necessary; this is one of those circumstances. Have any of you noticed that the visceral complaints about FRR always seem to come from the same person? If FRR was really that bad, wouldn't other people have similar problems? I have purchased over a dozen of these models (mix of Chargers and CVs, decorated and undecorated) from a couple of different retailers and have not encountered any issues. Makes me a little suspicious that one person seems to have the same run of bad luck.

There are other people who have the same issue's but don't say anything for fear of retaliation from those same few who want kiss FRR's rear end. Anything I say can be backed up 100%. Everytime I order anything from FRR or vender's when I see the delivery truck roll up I pickup the digital camera & camcorder to film the package being delivered opened up and inspeacted. I however did get 6 car's today and the there were no missing part's. The only issue was some white paint on the top of one of the blank chp style blanks that looked like it had been touched up. The problem is the people who want to defend FRR and Dennis Deal so bad are the one's getting the free car's from him.

LEE IS RIGHT..A LOT OF PUCKERING UP HERE! DENNIS DEAL IS SO SORE HE CAN'T SIT DOWN!

I can assure you that I don't know Mr. Deal and don't get anything for free from him. All I can do is pass along my positive experiences with his product. Sorry you have had issues.

TROY YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SUCK UP TO DENNIS THERE IS!!!! ALL YOUR POSITIVE REVIEWS!!! GUESS ALL THOSE LITTLE K9 DOG'S AND GREE CAR HE GAVE YOU DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING DID IT

TROY YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SUCK UP TO DENNIS THERE IS!!!! ALL YOUR POSITIVE REVIEWS!!! GUESS ALL THOSE LITTLE K9 DOG'S AND FREE CAR HE GAVE YOU DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING DID IT

SORRY WRONG TROY DIDN'T LOOK AT THE IP ADDRESS

IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF THE PAINT ON THESE TOYS DIDN'T MEET THE LEAD SAFETY STANDARDS

This stuff is getting so old. Lee... Motormax makes a 1:43rd scale FCV that you can use and so does Welly. Perhaps Gearbox may be resurected but I am not holding my breath... (and I for one had a number of defects from them as well which were resolved by the dealer).

I have spent numerous hours on the keyboard trying to get John Dunkle to answer up to ANYTHING regarding Code 3. And I will be blunt... John Dunkle preaches how important the customer is and absolutely will not communicate with them. Their product is a tad bit higher in price ($60 plus to $80 plus) per item. When you start paying that price and get broken/missing parts then yes, I'd say you have a major gripe by comparison. Some of their items even go in excess of $200.00 and have come with numerous broken and missing parts. Code-3's response... write us an e-mail of which they NEVER EVER RESPOND TO!!! Dennis on the other hand has addressed numerous issues to collectors in general. He has updated us on what is coming down the pike as well as what he is going to do about specific problems.

Your issue with Dennis is a personal one and I believe there is some anger that embellishes things. There are so many responses that are favorable about FRR, that far exceed the complaints, that perhaps it is time to let it go. Find a new source if you still want FRR cars and deal only with them. If parts are missing, as Jeff Halpern said, a reputable dealer like Jeff will ensure your satisfied UNLESS YOU START TO ALIENATE THEM TOO. If that is the case then you are going to have a never ending problem getting the resolution that will be satisfactory to you.

LEE IS RIGHT..A LOT OF PUCKERING UP HERE! DENNIS DEAL IS SO SORE HE CAN'T SIT DOWN!
E-mail: cbr8795765@aol.com

Also, one additional item. We are supposedly adults here. Stop insulting the rest of us with these painfully juvenile level comments. They speak volumes for your character while boring the rest of us with your childishness. In a word... Grow Up.

"There are so many responses that are favorable about FRR, that far exceed the complaints"
is that because the complaints are being deleated?

The point is Dennis has stated via email that he will not replace any car or part that is missing from any car that I purchase. I can buy a car from Jeff but the issue is when Dennis finds out the car or part is mine he will tell him he won't replace it. The issue is how Dennis treat's his customer's. I will not use Motormax as a car for custom's as those car's don't look very good. The fact is there are other website's Poliskarr & Fireengine's website's that as soon as there is anything negative about First Response they are deleted from there website. That just show's and prove's my point there are people who will go to any length to defend FRR and there car's by silencing those who have a issue.

Lee:

Seems like a simple solution to this problem: exercise your right to spend your dollars wherever you like. If you don't like the FRR vendor or the brand, go somewhere else. If you can't find a comparable product anywhere else, change your hobby, your business focus or change the scale you work on. These are simple principles to live by. Whining like a child over and over won't get you anywhere.

Perhaps hold up the mirror while looking into it and ask yourself: why isn't FRR wanting to help me out? How have I contributed to this escalated situation? Your messages indicate a hostile tone and attitude in our opinion. There is an old saying, "you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar". Ever tried putting that into practise?

I know there is always two sides to every story. My guess is that you aren't telling the full story here. Ohhh and by the way I have only ever bought 4 FRR cars and have *NEVER* gotten anything free from FRR.

First off. I have dealt with Dennis for years and I know how he is. You can say there are 2 side's to every story and your right there is but where is Dennis why don't he respond? I emailed him and asked for a replacement engine and when the dealer I got it from contacted him he sent him a nasty email. That came directly from the dealer. I am not the only person who he act's like this too. The fact it is this. Anyone who say's anything bad about FR or Dennis Deal on other board's are kicked off of them. Dennis Deal give's free stuff away to owners of other board's. If you got only 4 car's with problem's then lucky you. I only deal in 1/43 scale stuff so that is that.

One last thing it seem's you are another people who will bend over and kiss Dennis Deal's rear end no matter what! I tell it like it is and if noone like's it then oh well!!!

Firstly, you don't know me. I NEVER kiss the hind qtrs of anyone. You are obviously overly opinionated and accusatory in your tone. You are the classic BULLY type.

By the way, there is no perfect diecast company. I would suggest you hold your breathe until you are blue in the face waiting for one to come along. That might pre-occupy you long enough, that the rest of the forum doesn't have to scroll through your endless whining.

AT LEAST I AM NOT A KISS ASS AM I!!! FACT OF FACT FIRST RESPONSE CAR'S ARE CRAP THAT HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT IS SAID DON'T READ IT AND MOVE ON!!!

BEFORE YOU WANT TO RUN YOUR MOUTH WHY DID IT TAKE DENNIS DEAL 6 MONTH'S TO POST ON HERE OR ANY BOARD ABOUT REMOVING THE WHEEL'S FROM THE CAR'S? aNOTHER COLLECTOR WAS NICE ENOUGH TO POST HOW YOU COULD DO THAT NOT DENNIS ONLY AFTER 6 MONTH'S DID DENNIS SAY ANYTHING AND THEN TRY AND TAKE CREDIT FOR SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE DID. THE ONLY WHINER IS YOU

Lee:

Is your caps lock button stuck?

Blue in the face yet?

DON'T LIKE TO DON'T READ IT

YOUR LIPS SORE FROM KSSING DENNIS DEAL'S ASS

Apparently your caps lock is stuck. You are having trouble with English, too! We recommend that you should seek professional help or at least an anger management class.

I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO KISSING DENNIS DEAL'S ASS!!! OR BETTER!!! DON'T LIKE IT DON'T READ IT!!!!! YOU DIDN'T NEED TO RUN YOUR MOUTH ON THIS POST TO GET IT GOING AGAIN DID YOU!!!! YOU EVER HEAR OF TYPEING TO FAST OR ARE YOU JUST ANOTHER DUMB ASS!!!!

OH, keep it going. This is FUN

LOL....humorous to say the least.

Would be interesting to hear both sides though. Just can't imagine a retailer would refuse an exchange without a good reason.

LAST RESPONSE TOYS

Well, I may as well add my 2 cents. I've posted here with the problems I've had with a variety of FR issues. However, some people I speak with loves them, while others believe they're crap. I would like one of the Chargers, but I'm hesitant. So I'll wait to see if any other firm steps in to produce 1/43rd cars. I just doubt with the current economic situation anyone would be willing to put up the money for new molds.

As for Code 3, since April 2002 when I received an angry email from the Toymasters punk, I only purchased the Super Pumper set @ $99, and several Titans for bashing.

Chuck

Broken record.

How about refusing to replace missing part's!!! Or people who enjoy kissing Dennis Deal's rear end

I never said it was the vendor who refused. Dennis Deal told the vendor he would not give the vendor the replacement part I was missing.

I'm considering Mr. Deal to be a retailer since he does sell direct to consumers, so my query stands.

...and amused readers can certainly utilize this thread for a new drinking game. Take a shot every time the words "kiss" or "a@@" appear. Heh.

Yeah, a quick way to tie one on.

Congratulations to FRR for being voted the 2008 Police Model of the Year; their Eurocopter Dauphin AS365 Maryland State Police Helicopter.

Nothing more than the suck's up kissing up

I agree, the Eurocopter is one of the best police models of 2008.

Yeaaaaa, Lee said it again. Another drink for everybody

Any Information about the Dallas release?

Ok Troy the biggest ass kisser of them all!

And yet another drink...Thanks Lee...Happy New Year

F**K YOU TROY

Honestly go back from where you came from. Or at least grow up! This is for all of you acting like immature little children on this board. Lee I don't know you but if you treated me and my company like you treat other boards and FR, I would not deal with you either. For the rest of you egging him on STOP IT.

I have been on this board from the very beginning. It has been a great place to visit and share information about collecting. But This place is deteriorating into a place not worth visiting. I don't understand how grown men who are supposedly "professionals" can act in this childish manner.

Jeff

Amen Jeff! At the risk of being labeled a co-conspirator (or worse), very well said!

Jeff Webster, you need to understand one thing. I don't treat other boards bad. I don't like spending my money on car's to have missing part's and when I ask politely for a replacement I am treated with disrespect. The person behind the FR car's has a very bad attittude not only to me but to anyone who question's his practice's or his merchandise. So he is the problem behind all of this.

Lee,

I understand. My post was directed at all of you acting childish. But you are beating the proverbial horse long after it has been buried. I too do not like throwing money away. I have not bought any of the FR cars based on comments by both you and Chuck here on this board. I do find it hard to believe that you politely ask for a replacement when everything here has been venomous towards FR. In regards to the other boards You also called the owners names etc. If you did that to me on my board I would ban you. I do not visit the other boards because this has been my home for a long time and I never really liked the nastiness at the other places.

I understand your frustration with FR and Mr. Deal. However as the manager of a manufacturing company (which I am, but not diecast), I would not give a customer that acts like you much satisfaction. You can't have it both ways. You don't get to run me down in public and get me to help you out.

Also as a manager I know a certain amount of all the parts we purchase will be defective. That is rolled into the price of the product. The additional costs are then rolled into the final cost of the product. So if 1 out of ever 5 cars you buy are defective then you must increase the production cost of the 4 good ones by 25%. Then add this to the product cost before mark up. If the end user complains explain to them the reason why. But if you are offering a quality product people will pay for it.

Jeff

Jeff, the issue is this. Many years ago when I first started dealing with Dennis I had no complaints with him but as time has progressed he has seemed to get a chip on his shoulder. When I approached him to do a First Response Premier car he immediatly started giving me a attitude which I didn't like then when I brushed it off and gave his car's a chance only to get problem's with them I contacted him about missing part's. I spoke to him about it and got more attitude. The whole time I was being polite until he started saying thing's to me I really didn't like that is why we are at the stage that we are at now. As for the other boards yes I said something to the other owners only after I was given the attitude that Dennis and FR can do what they want and anyone so had something negative to say was censored. That I don't like.

Lee,
You make some good points, but, I also agree with Jeff and I have known him for well over 10 years.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH. If you don't like FRR or their
product or their owner that is YOUR business and
you are entitled to YOUR opinion, HOWEVER, I FOR
ONE IS SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING THIS C--P ON THIS
BOARD DAY IN AND DAY OUT!!. Its a new year so let's
get off on the right foot and STOP ACTING LIKE MY
9, 7 and 5 YEAR OLD GRANDSONS. DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT

I am going to throw my 2 cent's in on this. Ron & Jeff it is not Lee's fault you both seem to be blaming him for all of this when it is not only him. There are other people to blame as well Troy Gibson for one. He love's to push this along as well. So don't just blame Lee by name when there are other people to blame as well.

Scott,

If you read my post above you will see I call out everyone acting like kids. Unfortunately I didn't make a new paragraph when I addressed Lee individually.

I am done with this.

Jeff

Group...

Please don’t let Lee fool you. Most of the above posts and in the "Open Letter" thread are from Lee using a Proxy Server. Lee answers his own postings. Scott is Lee.

Ok sure Barry what ever your name is. Funny how I just looked and you are useing a proxy server. Get a life loser

Barry is Troy Gibson

by the way nice try

Visitor Detail Unique Visitors

Visitor mail167.anonymouse.org IP Address 193.200.150.167
Date 23 Dec, Sun, 23:47:29 Net Speed Cable/DSL
Organization Anonymous S.A. Browser Other/Unknown
Continent Africa Operating System Other/Unknown
Country Seychelles Screen Resolution 1024x768
State / Region Unknown Screen Color 32 Bit (16.7M)
City Unknown Javascript Enabled

No...I am not Barry! I know my name, I don't hide, and I don't try to change my address so I can pretend I'm somebody I'm not. I am done with this stupid ongoing game. It's pointless and nothing but a waste of time. It does nothing to further our die-cast hobby and serves no purpose on this forum at all.

I am done with this board and Lee..If you ever see my name posted again, it IS NOT ME, as I will never post again to keep this already over discussed topic alive.

And if you haven't figured it out yet Lee, I will never respond to you again, here, or in any forum. I have blocked your email, so you can stop sending me stuff. I am done, done, and overdone.

Everybody else..Happy New Year and keep on doing what you are doing...it's a good board, but for me, it no longer provides me with any useful information.

Good I don't want you to respond to me all you do is run your hate filled mouth

Great..now maybe you'll both shut-up. A lot of us are tired of your cry-baby attitude.

"Also as a manager I know a certain amount of all the parts we purchase will be defective. That is rolled into the price of the product. The additional costs are then rolled into the final cost of the product. So if 1 out of ever 5 cars you buy are defective then you must increase the production cost of the 4 good ones by 25%. Then add this to the product cost before mark up. If the end user complains explain to them the reason why. But if you are offering a quality product people will pay for it."

Jeff - maybe you are just making these numbers up for numbers sake, but I hope you would never expect any product, toy or not, to have a 20% defect rate. 1 in 5? In real terms of quality, ISO9000 or above, that number should be about 1 in 100 or more. We are talking about percentages of 1% of a good product should be defective.

Good, its OVER I hope!! Now let's get on to our hobby
and talk about collecting and all the other POSITIVE
stuff this hobby offers.

Well, I did order two silver Chargers from Jeff for conversion. One has a minor knick on the edge of the rear spoiler, but other than the noticible gap between the front fender and front facia, not too bad. Of course the black wheels are in the bag, and not the car (my luck). I do have to say great service from policecarmodels.

As for their Magnums, I called EWA, and ordered two silver Magnums produced by Norev (on sale by the way). I have plenty of spare cop parts (plus I ordered extra roof lights and details from Jeff), so detailing won't be a problem, and I'll actually have these models within days, and not months.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)