Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MB Pierce Fire Truck

Lucked out I guess. Went to local Wal Mart and decided to check toy section. Found 3 of the Pierce units as it looked like they may have just put out some new stock. Don't know if the motor home unit I found is one that John A mentioned. Number on package is 77, cab is silver almost like a GMC and body is white with orange and black markings. Found 2 if anyone is interested.

Re: MB Pierce Fire Truck

Are you talking about the El SEgundo rig or are we taliking about the areel ladder??

Left off the word engine so it's the El Segundo engine not aerial.

How many different models and departments did matchbox put out? i picked up a lime 75ft ladder truck that i think is lettered for Fresno County at my local Target this evening are there any other models or departments available?

Thanks
John

The 75' aerial I have is lettered for Bernalillo County,NM
I'm hearing that the Pierce/Dash Pumper is now being found in Yellow?

I have only found the quint in the New Mexico markings. No yellow pumper found. Do a lot of shopping at WalMart and always hit the toy section.
Also have made a habit of stopping at nearby Target store never know what might show up.

There were photos recently posted on the MB forum of the 2009 1-100 emergency vehicle lineup. included in the lineup is the Pierce Dash pump in solid red, which appears to be lettered for San Diego. I think this is in batch B with the International pumper (white w/ yellowish/lime stripe), and will be hitting the shelves shortly. As far has I know, the Dash has not been released in yellow yet.

Also, in a photo recently posted by someone from MB a solid red recolor of the Pierce Quantum in the "Real Working Rigs" line can be seen, also at least in my opinion looks to be San Diego as well.

The 2009 emergency vehicle lineup is looking like the best in many years, with the Dodge Monaco police car, Cadillac Ambulance and Ford E-350 Ambulance coming as well.

Thanks for the help guys. Do any of you guys have any information about The Cadillac ambulance? i would realy love to pick up that one when it comes out. I know back in the early 70's Matchbox made a generic white Cadillac ambulance i regret not holding on to it now it realy was a nice piece. About the same time they did an all white police SW it was also a nice model. Keep me updated.

Take Care
John

The Cadillac ambulance is a modified version of the current Cadillac Hearse. At this point we don't know if it will be a high top "superior" version of just the current hearse with a light and windows at the rear. I would expect to see it towards the later of the year.

The original MB Cadillac ambulance began it's life in the 60s as a regular wheel model and was converted to Superfast in 1970. It didn't last long as a Superfast model.

Jeff

Jeff,
Sorry to be off topic but I have emailed you twice in
the last few weeks with NO response, maybe I have a
wrong addy. My email is Ronbocop55@comcast.net so
please email??
God Bless,
Ronbo

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)