Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 - Show Me The Diecast!

I think most of the regulars on this board - and it seems like those are getting fewer and fewer - know that I'm not a chronic complainer. However, I tell it as I see it in my PC News articles and in my posts. I think it's about time that Code 3's rep, Mr. Dunkel, shows - or at least describes - some of the great products coming in the future to which he's often alluded. I have to say that I am tired of weekly e-mails with no diecast news but plenty of homespun philosophy and worthy sentiments. Not saying I disagree with his views but I didn't subscribe to the collectors club to get that. I can count on the fingers of one hand (and have some left over) the number of those e-mails that have actually imparted information about new Code 3 products. And why the secrecy? Unlike Minichamps and IXO (for example), who sometime copy each other's police cars, what other company is competing with Code 3 in the field of 1:64th scale fire apparatus? Minichamps puts out a glossy color catalog to its dealers every quarter or so showing what's coming - granted, they're often way late on release dates (sound familiar), but at least we know what to look forward to. I don't fault Code 3 for delays due to circumstances beyond their control, but their line has been stagnant for so long, it seems more and more people are losing interest. Look at the number and subjects of posts on this board, Code 3's new board and Larry's board as one indicator. With the economic problems around the world the competition for diecast collectors' (or any hobbyists') available funds is going to get tougher. Yet, we really haven't heard anything from Code 3 that indicates in what direction they're heading. Any new castings? Classics? How many releases per year? What type of departments? Any different types of apparatus (brush trucks, etc)? Any more police models? Ambulances? Yes, there are a few prototypes on the club site, but not really exciting. I admit I'm more of a police collector, but if Code 3 had a greater variety I'd buy more fire apparatus - especially pre-1970 apparatus. Just my $.02 - fire away!

Re: Code 3 - Show Me The Diecast!

i agree with you totally as i have not bought a code 3 from the 2008 line up and i have no intentions to start now because of what they are coming out with gettysburg is very nice but it is not a new mold if they do spartan pierce impel /velocity with hangover mirrors kme segrave maraurar2 or hme and many more then i will probaly buy again or some new ambulances like internationals fords dodges chevys and freightliners

I agree. C3 should just announce whats planned for the coming year. If a release date has to change for what ever reason, it's no big deal. At least then I could plan what I intend to buy.

I agree Dick

The weekly how is the company and the world doing news is not what I look to the Code 3 Latest News page for. If I want world news I will go to a news organization.

I remeber the days when I looked forward to Friday so that you could get another clue as to what new models were coming out. The news use to peak your interest enough to keep you coming back. That was fun and is was fire diecast related.

I wish for those days again......

I agree Dick. Come on Code -3 Show me the product!!!!!!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)