Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TWH Collectibles

Have they made a blank Engine at all?

Re: TWH Collectibles

I dont think they should.
Companies take a lot of time and resousces getting permission and rights to the departments name & logo etc, then along comes some amateur who makes some poorly readable decals on their home PC, and makes some depts truck with no regard to legal or copyright issues.

I don't have to worry about home made decals all of mine are commercially made

What engine's have the made

You people need to look at yourself before you blame Lee Woods. Mike, I am one of the few who will speak up and come to his defense. He speak's his mind and he should not be punished for that. I never saw problem's with Gearbox Toy's like I have with First Response. The real person behind all of this is one person Troy.

...and where did that one come from Chris.???

Pete(UK)... You make a good point there sir.

Still... I would like to see Code 3 make some blanks for collectors who would like to replicate their own favorite department.

In any case, anyone can still remove the model's decals/graphics and put their own on anyway. It was pointed out to me earlier, on another forum, that because the mfg put licensed graphics on in the first place, they are protected from copywrite infringement as the "replicator" has to remove the graphics to put new ones on and the manufacturer did not make it readily possible.

I can understand that position, but it doesn't explain the diecast manufactures who make blank cars and the graphics makers who make police decals... and I hope they continue to do so as well.

Either way I can work around it for my own personal collection.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)