Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to ATEV...

Hey gang,
I am new to the ATEV site, but not new to emergency vehicle model collecting. I have been involved in emergency services for 30 years. I tend to kitbash/repaint die-cast and other emergency vehicles. I look forward to learning here and sharing some of my projects.

Run........

Run away very fast. These bunch of beacon heads will do nothing but talk toy fire truck and police cars to you. They will spread the infection that has no known cure for it. Run away before they grab you and not let go!

Re: New to ATEV...

Welcome Hookie.....good to have you here, enjoy the ride.

Re: New to ATEV...

Run Hookie, Run!!!

Once you open the door to this site you can never leave. Believe me, I have tried. Here is my story:

About 20 years ago I experimented with die cast emergency vehicles by purchasing a quality scale fire truck. It was very neat - a sort of "eye candy". My parents had warned me about doing so, but I thought I new better.

My obsession began to grow. More fire trucks, more, more, MORE, and who has what...where are more web sites? I need to build my own model like that famous guy (Charles something) but how can I do it?

When I found the ATEV web site, my addiction became engrossed. Day after day I read the posts, never missing one. The battles that arose became fascinating. There were people like me shouting out at the world that the light bar was the wrong type and that the air horn was on the wrong side of the cab! All these wonderful posts fueled my obsession. More, more, more, yes, MORE!!!

Sadly, in order to furnish my addiction of buying die cast fire trucks I lost my home, wife and kids in order to satisfy my yearning for more and more die cast fire trucks. I was out of control.

However, myself and some other ATEV'ers have found refuge from the weather under the I-95 overpass at NW 8th street in Pompano Beach, Florida. There is not enough room to erect a tent on the concrete but the pigeons help keep us warm at night. We call ourselves the "Old C3'rs gang."

So my advise to you Hookie is RUN!

Location: Looks alot like Earth - but still checking it out to be sure.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)