Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 Weekly Updates

Dunkle is a total waste. IT's obvious he's a C3 shill. Just more BS from the front office and nothing exciting or informative. SSDD.

If he keeps it up they will not be around much longer. A lot of die cast manuf. are really hurting right now because of what I call a serious depression.

I'm amazed Code 3 has survived as long as it has even before the economy got this bad. How many sellouts have they had in even the last 3 years?

And as of late, they have produced little to nothing. I don't see how a business can continue to operate when it is taking in NO money because it's producing NO product!

With all of the problems with their ordering system and email, even if they had anything to sell you couldn't buy it anyway. Seems lately like C3 is a one man operation, John D. must be R&D, customer service, warehouse and webmaster all in one.

The weekly updates are unreadable at this point. The rantings have become almost delusional lately, John's lack of knowledge of the fire service is painfully evident every time he try's to sound like he knows what he's talking about. There are still a few collectors who are members of the Kool Aid club who offer similar delusional praise for John and C3, and all they have accomplished as of late.

Maybe C3 deserved praise 6 or 7 years ago, but C3 of today is a complete joke. It's a shame too, because right now there really is no fire diecast market period. It's almost like we are right back at square one before C3 came along when Corgi would churn out the occasional horrific ALF or Mack CF and that was the extent of the fire collectible market.

Yeah Mass, I said the same thing almost a year ago when he kept making excuses for weeks on end why nothing was updated (due to having to take care of his wife who had a broken leg). All I got was ripped on. But it is evident since that time, that nothing has changed and in fact has only gotten worse. Ordering & email problems, lack of worthy updates, no interesting new product lines. Its why I finally decided after so long to get rid of the last of my Code 3 items. Even the Past Time Hobby specials, which I usually looked forward to because they were always something new or interesting were anything but that. Oh well. Always something else we can spend our money on.

Right on, John is clueless about fire engines
Me too, I'm surprised Code 3 has lasted this long
and already closed up. They haven't made many releases and the couple they did were crap.
Crap repaints don't get any of my money. I've
been so disapointed for the last 2 or 3 years
that I don't care if and when Code 3 closes up.

I remeber back (2000 maybe) when you could dial C3s number, speak to Jewel, and within minutes she would complete your oder, update you on what is scheduled, plus have a pleasant conversation. If by chance, your order was in error, or your credit card wrongly billed, Jewel and her associates would have the error corrected in thirty seconds.

Every so often I'll read the "Whats's New" page. What in the world does the current babbling about nonsense has anything to do with the hobby, except for the words "collector" or models" inserted every so often? It's kind of embarrasing, if not a direct affront to their once loyal customers.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)